Data not working - UK Fairphone 2, TPO

After checking the APN settings for the millionth time I’ve found the problem. It’s down to my own human error - however this may help someone else who makes the same mistake.The APN name should be “tslpaymnet” and I had written “tslpayment”.
1 letter in the wrong place has been the cause of all my problems.

Thanks to those who offered help. I got there in the end…

Hi Ros - did you actually get the TPO sim to connect to data in the end? I’m having the same problem and when I spoke to TPO they seemed to think it was because they operate on a different frequency (or something technical!). Chris

Hi Chris, Yes my problem was solved when I entered the APN name correctly. It was that simple. Hope you figure out your problem.

Hello, this is my first foray into the forum discussions so I’m hoping I’ve come in at a good place; apologies if not. I’ve had an FP2 since the end of March and all is well apart from data connection and MMS. My provider is The Phone Co-op. I have entered the APN settings they advise for both internet (‘Orange Internet’) and MMS (Orange MMS) and I’ve added their recommendations for settings for a new APN because of my failure to get the previous settings to work. Very occasionally all is well and I will manage to connect with the ‘Orange Internet’ APN settings (and an H letter showing by the relevant SIM signal).

However, usually I get the message “no APN specified” when I turn on my Data Usage and no connection is possible and/or I will get a G letter by the relevant SIM signal.

Most times this isn’t a problem but a few times a year I want to be able to take payments via an iZettle card reader where there isn’t any WiFi available and most times I am stumped by the “no APN specified” message.

I have done the usual checks many times over and would be grateful for any other suggestions. Many thanks.

When there is a letter aside your SIM-signal-triangle, then you have a data-connection. How do you know, that you get no datas?

Hi - thanks for your reply - I check to see if I’ve got data by opening an app eg BBC Weather and check to see if I can update it. Usually I can’t and I get the message ‘no APN specified’ flash up at the bottom of the screen.
(Sorry for such a slow response from me - work kept me away from my laptop for a few days.)