Data connection problem FP3

Hi,
I have bought a Fairphone 3 last week and it would not connect to data. So I bought a €450 phone to find out data connection is actually a problem.
Calling the customer service (note from 9 am to 5 pm only!) it did not work as Ms Day had to check with development for further instructions.

Tried the whole bothersome APN settings adjustment with 4 different providers without any success. It seems this Android 9 does not connect via data.
It seems this problem is known at the company.

What country/carrier would that be in your case?I never had a problem with mobile data

1 Like

Err, no. I think that pretty much all of us here with an FP3 have a proper data connection. If you want us to fix your issue together, it would be a good start if you could tell us where you are and what carrier you use.

Is it a new SIM card or an older one that you have used in another phone before?

Tried the whole bothersome APN settings adjustment with 4 different providers

No offense, but this does not make sense. You should just try the APN settings with your actual provider (the one you’ve got your SIM card from). Many providers offer the option of sending you a configuration SMS - have you tried that already?

Do you have a 2G network connection, i. e. can you see the network name in the upper left corner of the screen, can you make phone calls and send/receive SMS?

Best wishes,
Thomas

2 Likes

Did you always use the same Sim slot? Maybe there’s a pin damaged? Or another component?