Current Support Status

Okay - after 3 weeks now I think the 293 hours are over, aren’t they? I wrote to the support at the 22nd of September and didn’t receive an answer up to now… It would be nice to use my phone as a “private” phone again (can only use it with the hands-free speakerphone - for everyone to hear, because the intern speaker seems to be broken) and moreover the phone doesn’t charge properly. (Ticket Nr. was #130470)
I just would like to have an update now and then how long I have to find new funny ways to charge my battery and to yell at my callers if I’m on the street when they call me (and I can’t hear them properly because of the broken speaker)…

New update.

Current # of open tickets: 3212
Current first reply time for new tickets: less then 24 hours (average over last 7 days)

10 Likes

Very nice! :+1: Hope you guys are not doing too bad though.

@margoe Did you receive a response yet?

2 Likes

Yes, indeed, I did :slight_smile: I had to explain my problems further, I’ve heard nothing since then, but I sincerely hope that something is happening soon. :wink:

New update.

Current # of open tickets: 2872
Current first reply time for new tickets: less then 24 hours (average over last 7 days)

10 Likes

New update.

Current # of open tickets: 2755
Current first reply time for new tickets: less then 48 hours (average over last 7 days)

8 Likes

So, is 2500-3000 tickets kind of the baseline of open tickets at the moment? I mean, it takes at least a couple of days to resolve an issue as you’re waiting for responses back and forth, or even waiting for shipping or word for the repair center. In effect, the number of open tickets at some point will hover around [average number of new tickets per day] * [average number of days it takes to mark a topic as resolved] - is that where you’re at now?

1 Like

Hey, 48h for a ticket reply? I would be glad if this was true.
I opened a ticket for an order for new back covers that was not fulfilled within the last 4(!) weeks.
My ticket is still “open” after 9 days (216 hours).
At the moment I believe your support response time is not that good.
Any news about this?
Kind Regards
René

Well, the covers are not available yet, are they?
So I think there is nothing they can do for you right now… :wink:

3 Likes

i know that’s adding to overall workload, but they could state that… At least some kind of answer (even automatic) might help the mood of customers (even if they didn’t read cases aren’t available beforehand… :-))

2 Likes

When I ordered the cases I saw no availability issues. When my order was confirmed also no hint about availability. The back covers are already paid - so I’d expect either to receive a refund or the back covers. Just letting the customer pay and then do not say anything for four weeks is not making any customer very happy.
Even now I do not see any hint in the web shop regarding availability of any back covers. So I was completely unaware about this issue until now

Is there any information about delivery times?

Thanks!

Hey,

If you send in us an email and do not receive an answer within 48 hours, something else might be wrong. Maybe our reply got caught in your spam filter, maybe a mail server was misconfigured, maybe a support employee at Fairphone made a mistake.

But at any rate; when you are waiting this long; it is always good to send another email or give us a call to make sure.

4 Likes

New update.

Current # of open tickets: 1823
Current first reply time for new tickets: 47 hours

5 Likes

First reply time is a bit high, in comparison with last November.

1 Like

I have a support request open 9 days ago, without answer.

I have a support request open 14 days ago without an answer - and I’m really starting to get annoyed, because it’s the third time since ordering my Fairphone that it doesn’t work or (in this case) doesn’t work properly. I still cherish the idea of this wonderful project - especially in times like this, when all phones are about to get more “closed up” - you can’t even change the batteries any longer, but a phone I can’t use is in no way better. And it’s not really a good marketing strategy, letting people run around for a few weeks without a phone, because it doesn’t work. My friends all start jesting when they again can’t reach me for some time (I’m the “never reachable fair person” now).

1 Like

As things stand currently, the emphasis here needs to be on call.
Number and business hours are given on the support page.

If you want the support status updated here, a PM to @Douwe might do the trick.

There will be an update tomorrow and when I am back in the office on Wednesday, I can post it here in the forum.
but at any rate, 14 days is absurd. Please mail or call again.

1 Like

I have to admit, I didn’t want to be annoying and be one of the people who constantly write to be heard. :flushed: And, to be honest, I don’t feel capable of making a phone call in english - I’m not so sure about. But I think I’ll try tomorrow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

They also speak German and Dutch, and there is a fair chance that someone can help you in French, Spanish or Italian.

3 Likes