(Original/regular) Cover issues (deformed, splits, cracks) (see first post)

Hi there !

I wanted to know if any of you had the following problem and could help me solve it :smiley: !
I have a regular fairphone 2 case thatā€™s transparent dark blue (I ordered my fair phone before the slim cases were out). It turns out that the black, soft-plastic part is ungluing itself around the volume button.

This also happened to me on my first fairphone 2, which I unfortunately had to change in February due to faulty parts. The soft black part of the case also started ungluing around the volume button. I tried superglue on that one but it didnā€™t stick for very long ā€¦

Has this happen to any of you? Do you know how to properly stick it back?

Thank you all for your feedback !

Yes, this is relatively common, Iā€™ve moved your post to the relevant topic. This should still be covered under warranty - follow the official troubleshooter for instructions on how best to contact support. Based on posts above, youā€™ll now be offered a slim case as a replacement (regular cases are no longer being produced).

1 Like

I had the same issue as well.
First cover replaced in October 2016 and replacement for second cover in progress.
The reactions of the support team were really fast and could not have been better.

But now with the second replacement I really was astonished about the special definition of support.
First I was asked to select an available cover from the shop.
When I did so (Coral Red), I was told, that this colour unfortunately is not available.
My reply, that it could still be selected from the shop site received the following answer:
You are right in a sense that we do have coral red slim covers offered in the webshop but our stock is diminishing and therefore we are not offering them under warranty.

:astonished:

So I had to chose another color.
Sorry, that is not my definition of fair. :angry:
I do not want to be treated special, but I do not want to be treated second class either; especially not because I had to deal with a flawed and faulty design twice.
As has been posted in this thread already: Thatā€™s a sure way to lose customers and avid supporters, which I have been from nearly day one.
I even registred just for this post.

my original cover is also broken now, on the volume button a little bit, and now on the camera button really heavy. This is not good.
Ordered a slim cover as replacement since the original one is not in the shop any more, even after reading some problem reports with the slim case make me full of fear.
hopefully it will arrive soon, Used the DHL so that it comes at quick as possible, expensive, but I fear with this cover I have now the phone is very limited usable.

I just received a slim cover. I just love it. It feels slimmer and is giving no problems at all.

1 Like

just got home from job, my new case finally arrived.
its blue, the withe one was not available, and I do not like the other colors.
phone feels a bit bigger in the hand, but still OK,
Will see net week when I have it in every day use how it does.
A bit sad that it is not longer transparent but solid, I loved to see the inner life of my phone :wink:

Last year I was sent a replacement cover after the original one started to deform and unglue and it was barely usable.
I removed it just once, a couple of weeks ago, and now one of the sides itā€™s deformed again. Iā€™ve just ordered a new one but I was wondering if you have a super trick for this not to happen?
Also, anyone has suggestions for a protection case/cover? Iā€™m thinking of the ones that have a magnet and the screen is also protected.
Thank you!

Unfortunately this happens to the old (one-piece) covers quite regularely. Unless you are lucky to receive one that is not affected, you can not avoid it.
This should be a warranty case and you will get a new cover for free.
The new slimline covers do not face that problem and as far as i know, you will get one of those now (well, I got one for replacement).

1 Like

Hm having the same problem, but support seems quite slow. (over a week, no reply)
Also having microphone problems since last week, no reply too.

Strange.
Did you proceed according to that instruction-page?
https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001041206-Troubleshoot-your-Fairphone-2-issue

I received an answer within 24 hours and the new cover in less than a week.
Maybe your added micro-problem is delaying the support handling in total.
Still, a short note, that your request is being processed wouldnā€™t be asked too much.

Maybe try to contact someone from Fairphone Customer Support by phone to speed things up.

[quote]Our team can help you further
ā€¦
Or call us: Monday to Friday 9:30 - 17:30 at +31 (0)20-788 4400.[/quote]

Edit: I just learned, that my initial idea to contact support here in this forum via pm ist not that good an advice, as they are busy with support requests via mail and phone already and therefore not regularly checking for pms; plus: you wouldnā€™t know who is on vacation, business travel or being sick and therefore not able to help you. And sending a pm to multiple support personnel could lead to a waste of resources, all of them trying to assist at the same time.
So I just removed my link to that regard.

Thanks for the tip, i did not go via troubleshoot to create the support tickets (in both cases) so my guess is, because i created the tickets manually their automatic subject matching did not work and therefore did not get handled by an automatic process. But i did everything else mentioned in the troubleshootings. (attached an image and removed the bottom module in the mic not working case) I also added my orderId + imei.

But still it should not take longer than a week to handle tickets which are not based on a standard template.

Thanks, BertG, Iā€™m not sure if I have the old (one-piece) cover, itā€™s the transparent one. Iā€™ll see what Support replies. Thank you!

1 Like

The transparent ones are obviously the old ones. The new slim-covers are 2 pieces you have to click together (top and bottom). They come only in matte colors.

Thanks, BertG, Iā€™ll keep this in mind if I can order a new one!

I have the same issue and I have created a ticket 10 days ago. No answer yet. I have sent also an e-mail; no answer neither. I cannot use 4G without having the famous random reboots and I need to lock the phone when making a call for avoiding to finish the call suddenly. How can I recommend this product to someone? I love the idea of a phone with a high social value, but this good idea should be go with a good/medium product and a good service. I feel dissapointed and lot of people of this forum too :frowning:

Have you tried putting a piece of paper at the bottom of the battery to improve contact? I have seldom had random reboots since I put some paper there. And if your cover needs to ve replaced and support does not answer, just give them a phonecall. I did that too and it worked very well. Just make sure you know what colour to order.

Thanks for your suggestions. Yes, I tried with the paper, but the reboots are related only with the 4G mode. Using the 3G mode I havenā€™t any problem. I will try with a phone call, but if I was able to buy the phone quickly directly by internet, itā€™s supposed that I should receive support in the same way, doesnā€™t it?

1 Like

No. That is a sad state of affairs I agree, but ā€¦ No.
What is this supposition based on?

Anyway, if you offer support in the website offering the possibility to send them a ticket, you should review the tickets and answer them. If you donā€™t have time to do this, please remove this way of contact from the website and let only the phone number as the only way for contacting them.

1 Like