Contacts, telephone, whatsapp and others are not loading or starting

I hab to reinstall google account on the phone after the update to 1.8.7 . Then he did an restart and startet the personalisation and tries now to connect something there is a bar running und the phrase “this phone belongs to…” "Dieses Gerät gehört…"
I can go into the settings, but I can not use the Apps…

I don’t use Google apps on my phone, so I don’t know much about the personalization process (other than it sounds a bit creepy to me ;)).

Alternatively, depending on where you live, you could contact one of the local Fairphoners and ask for help. I think it would be easier to find a solution, if you could show the phone to someone in person.

So in the meantime i deleted the contact data… and now most things work.
!!But the icons to phone and of the contacts are gone. they are only in the “all apps” of the settigngs, but I can not activate them! I can get calls, but I can´t call. How can I change these settings? That the Telefon App starts automatically by standard?

Try the following: Go to Settings > Apps > All Apps > Contacts > Run (you need to scroll down a bit). Does the contacts app start?

If you don’t find the apps in your app drawer, you should try to install the operating system again. (I know, it sounds tedious…) A hard reset might also be a good idea at some point… Here you’ll find advice on doing a proper backup.

1 Like

Hello Stefan
No that Icon was not active, so we couldn´t start, same with the Phone app.
In the meantime I did a reset!!! Now the contacts are back!! 2MB Data file!
Thanks for your support!!!
Thomas

1 Like

Might be the right time to backup your contacts to a MicroSD card. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.