Contacts completely disappeared

Hi all,

Having searched the forum I’ve discovered this is clearly a repeat issue for many people, but I am yet to find a forum conversation that actually solved the problem for anyone who had lost there contacts.

As of last night when I let the battery run down to 0% (but I don’t see why that should matter!) I now have no contacts. My contacts are all saved to my outlook account but when trying to sync it doesn’t seem able to read that there is anything there to import, and there’s supposedly nothing on my sim card even though the sim card was inserted less than a month back with all my contacts on it.

I have no clue what’s going on or why contacts are not showing, or how on earth to solve this? I have noticed that when I tried to add a couple of new contacts it kept reverting to not showing their name on WhatsApp as if the contact wasn’t properly saving but didn’t think much of it until now having lost all of them!

Any help much appreciated if anyone has finally been able to solve this one?!

Go to the app Contacts
Tap on the three dots in the right upper corner of the screen.
Tap on Accounts
See if there is any mention of your Outlook account, if yes, go to 1, if no, go to 2.

1. Go back
    Tap on Contacts to display
    Now either All contacts should be blue or the icon after your Outlook account is blue.

2. Go back to the homescreen
    Go to Settings
    Tap on Accounts
    Check if your Outlook account is mentioned.
    Is Auto-sync data ticked?
    Untick and tick again.
    If this doesn’t solve your problem,
    Tap on your Outlook account
    Tap on Sync now
    If this doesn’t solve your problem then remove your Outlook account
    and add your Outlook account and tap on Sync now.
    Hopefully this helps.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.