Constant refresh makes phone unusable

Hi,

I checked the forums but haven’t found any related problems. Recently (maybe since the last update) my phone has started refreshing itself, it seems like every minute or so when using it. This basically makes it unusable as the refresh interrupts anything i’m doing online. This is driving me nuts along with a noticably slower phone now.

I’m really very frustrated at Fairphone OS and have been for a long time. I don’t want to go to another platform but I can’t use this anymore.

Any help would be appreciated as well as any information on what Fairphone are doing to address the bad performance of Fairphone OS.

Sam

Hi @gurlsam
What exactly do you mean by refreshing?

Did the problems first appear after installing a new app or a software update? Removing the buggy app or reinstalling/upgrading the OS could help and if it doesn’t I’d suggest a hard reset. Anyway you should do a thorough backup first. (The hard reset removes any data)

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response - I’ve been traveling so haven’t had time nor a working phone to message back on.

The entire UX refreshes which means if I’m browsing any feed online it goes back to the top interrupting what I’m doing and in apps it does the same. It appears to be OS level as it happens in all apps - browsers, mail clients, etc.

Everything has also slowed down to a point that it’s almost unusable. It seems to be after the last update detoriating quickly. Having to rebuild the entire phone would be a pain and to be honest the performance before the update was fast becoming unusable.

Sam

sorry obviously meant UI - jetlag

1 Like