Connect Tesla Model 3 to Fairphone 3 hotspot

Are you on the latest software at the M3?

If you leave the hotspot password blanc (just for this test), did the car connect then?

yes i always update to the latest hat is offered. I tried also without password indeed

Hi @bartm

I also am a person of questionable character. Since I drive a Tesla Model 3 and own a FP as well :wink:

Just wanted to let you know I’m experiencing exactly the same problem since updating to Andriod 11. Yet, the FP Hotspot does work for other devices.

Like you, I tried multiple different configurations with the Hotspot. And re-booted multiple times both devices. No joy.

I still need to test whether the car will connect to a different Andriod 11 Hotspot than FP. Were you able to test that already?

Kind regards,
TBK

3 Likes

I’m using that with a pure data sim in my car instead of the FP4.
And connect the car and also all other devices to that hotspot.
I leave it in the car all the time. Always on.

OK, it’s a huawai and not sustainable. But who cares…
The car is a big block diesel and also not sustainable…:wink:

Today tried my wife’s iphone and that worked, so it seems to be some incompatibility between android or fairphone and Tesla.

Then you have to be sure that your wife is always with you.

4 Likes

Or more appropriately

If it’s OK with your wife, you can always be with her.

1 Like

I tried with a OnePlus phone that has Android 11 and it worked perfectly fine. So, issue is definitely in the upgrade Android 11 we received.

In my case it already did not work with Android 10

Interesting! For me it always worked fine. Until the update.

Just installed the FP3 android 11 update and it now seems to work

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.