Community meetup Amsterdam: Saturday, 24 January '15

Hey everybody,

You’re invited to an informal community meetup in Amsterdam, on Saturday 24 January near Amsterdam Central Station.

We are gathering a group of Fairphone community members to the opening of a photo exhibition in Amsterdam Noord, at 1800 on Saturday the 24th of January. The exhibition showcases the work of Hamburg-based photographer Kevin McElvaney who traveled to Ghana in September 2013 to visit Agbogbloshie, one of the biggest e-waste dumpsites in the world.

Learn more and sign up to photo exhibition event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1585804731650015/

In co-operation with the Ghanaian Environmental Journalist and Campaigner Mike Anane, Kevin visited Agbogbloshie and took portraits of the young boys & girls, who live there.

For more info check: http://www.derkevin.com/

Kevin himself will come down for the opening and you can ask him all the questions you might have. The Exhibition opens at 6pm and Kevin will say some words about his work around 6.30pm. We thought of gathering there around 6.15pm to give you the chance to listen to Kevin and to talk with him as well as to the attending Fairphone team members.

If you let us know in advance, we can bring enough T-shirts for the group. Please send an email to philippe[at]fairphone.com that you’re coming and T-shirt size.

We are looking forward to meet some local community members!

3 Likes

I’m so envious! If I wasn’t on this lone island (UK, I may of course be exaggerating) I’d most definitely be there. Unfortunately not a journey I can make this time :crying_cat_face:

But looking into my :crystal_ball: hopefully I’ll get to meet everyone at some point

2 Likes

We’ll have more in the future, don’t worry!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I can’t join you on this event. But I am still interested in meeting other Fairphoners.

Anyone here on the forum planning to go? A number of team members are going!

Hope to see some of you there tonight. I will be there from 18:00 till approximately 19:30 (sadly enough I have to skip on the dancing party and such)

Couldn’t be there myself.
What was it like?

Hey Jerry, the exhibition opening itself was great but the turn up of Fairphoners was not very high, we will make sure to organise another one in the future and to announce it a bit earlier this time :wink:

2 Likes

@Philippe_Birker Be sure to read the following: :wink: