Close camera automatically

Hi,

In very rare cases I manage to quickly press the on/off-button of my FP2 twice while it is in its pocket. As a result the camera app (Open Camera in my case) is opened and stays open with display on until I notice it. By then it’s pretty hot and the battery is drained quite a bit.
Other phones close the camera app automatically after a timeout. Is there anything like that on Android, in Open Camera or anywhere else in my FP2 running on Lineage 17.1 that I haven’t found yet?

Thanks,
Martin

Same thing happens to me sometimes, with the hot phone and all that.

If you go to OpenCamera’s settings, in “On screen GUI”, there’s a “Keep display on” option that you can uncheck. When you do, the screen turns off the usual way, depending on your system settings.

It’s not quite foolproof - I find that if the camera’s turned on in my pocket and I’m in motion, I create so many accidental touches that the interval keeps getting refreshed and the screen stays on. But it’s something, and at least it turns off when you’re not moving around.

3 Likes

Thanks for the hint! I thought I had walked through all the settings already but I think I was looking for something dedicated for my exact wish: In normal operation the camera may stay on longer than what my display has set as timeout. But most probably this option will do the trick for me :slight_smile:

/Martin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.