Charging only possible via laptop

Dear all,

sorry to bother you with another battery problem.
But, my FP2 does not charge via normal power supply.
The display says it is charging, but without the information when the battery will be fully charged and it is not charging at all + the CPU gets hot.
I had all the other already mentioned thing with blinking red light, the weird loop …
I guess this was due to the completely empty battery.
Plug it into the laptop solved at least this problem + the CPU does not heat up.

I took the battery out, I removed the display, I completely reset the phone, but nothing helped. I already ordered a new battery but maybe there is another reason for that and I could fix it myself?

The only thing I see is that there could be a problem with the amperage since charging via laptop is possible (very slow though). But how culd that happen all of a sudden?

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Caro

Have you tried different power sockets and a different power plug?

2 Likes

yes, 2 sockets, 4 cables, 2 adapter.
I also tried all these combinations with an mp3-player.
and it worked for the player but not for the phone.

1 Like

Apart from socket, adapter, cable and battery it could also be the bottom module or (most unlikely and worst case scenario) core module.
Maybe you have #fairphoneangels near you that could help you figure out which part it is?

2 Likes

Did you try different power supplies? It’s known that certain phones have difficulties accepting certain adapters, and the ones they accept vary from phone to phone.

Dera all,

thanks for your suggestions.
I don’t know why, but my phone works again.
Maybe because I charged the battery completely via the laptop once, or it needed time after the reset.
Seriously, I have no idea why, but I am very happy that it seems to be fine again.

Cheers,
Caro

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.