Charging but not charging

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I need your advice.
My phone or rather my batteries are acting strange.
My problem: My phone wont fully charge.

If I try to charge my phone I get the typical charging screen, where you can see your battery filling up with blue power. If I keep charging my phone turns on for a brief moment (some minutes). The battery says 0% and if I keep charging it turns off at some point. The moment I plug the charger off and on again the same thing happens over and over again.
I have two batteries and the same result with both of them. One might be damaged (left it on the radiator) but the other one is new.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Hi, be so kind and have a search here to find more topics on this which will provide you with lots of useful information.

My first idea is that your charging device is to weak not providing enough current to actually charge your FP2.
Maybe you have another (stronger) to try. Also test a different cable of higher quality. Furthermore try to charge with a computer. Give is some time before restarting the phone. >10 mins.

Check if the battery contacts are clean and contacting properly. In some cases a small piece of paper between the bottom of the battery and case may help to assure better contact.

Check the battery guide, I solved all my charging problems by following some of the mentioned steps in the list.

I did. I called the support and explained my problem and the support agreed that it is not making any sense.
If I charge without the battery it enters the boot loop so the bottom module is fine.
If I charge with the battery it charges and at some point the phone turns on with 0% battery left and I can use it for about 1 to 2 minutes before the phone turns off again. It is a new battery so it should also be fine. My charger has 5V and 1,7 Apere and I use a good cable.
Even the support agreed that this is strange. They are sending me a new battery because they made some improvements on them. Hope this will resolve it.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.