Charger advice sought

That´s what I had at hand from the Wiki. It explained a lot for my needs. I do believe though that meanwhile there is something more up to date to be found somewhere else.

If it is not already in existence somewhere, maybe we should start collecting some measurement data?

I’ll start with a standard Blackberry charger, rated 850 mA, delivers 875 mA (measured). There is also a fast charger from Blackberry, haven’t measured that one yet. The 850 mA has the advantage of being ultra compact…

The fast charger from Blackberry is rated 1.3 A and delivers 1.47 A (measured). The voltage is slightly down (4.8 V compared to 4.97 V of the slower Blackberry charger), but this should not make any difference…

Standard charger from Samsung for the Wave II Phone (Bada OS): Rated 700 mA, actual output 762 mA.

Noname “TwinPower” car adapter (often used by marketing firms as giveaways with some manufacturers logo as an ad. This one having Kyocera branding, but is NOT built by Kyocera), that has two ports. A white labelled “smart” and “for Apple”, one black labelled “universal”. Total current rating is 3.1 A. Can be used simultaneously. Both (!) USB ports deliver 1.48 A (with nothing in the second port).

Standard Blackberry car charger (the old one with the attached spiral cord and micro-B USB connector), rated 500 mA. Measured output is 562 mA.

Fast Blackberry car charger (super compact, with 1 type A USB outlet), rated 1 A. Measured output is 1.14 A.

Related to post #15 by me which I couldn’t modify anymore:

I have found the pdf file about it, unfortunately only in German, but several links at the documents end leading to english sites and still some useful images and schematics are in.

usb-adapter-v12.pdf (429.8 KB)

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: My slim cover has cracks already

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.