Cases and screen protectors for Fairphone 2

My Fairphone is on its way. So I already got a sleeve for it.
I choose one by Kancha. I love their philosophy and how they’re producing the products.
Plus I already got a sleeve for my tablet and i love it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I have just ordered one of those…

1 Like

Today I attached the screen protector (BROTECT AirGlass, see schutzfolien24.de). It comes with assemby instructions, but without cleaning cloth, dust removal stickers or card to attach (I used a credit card instead).
At the beginning I had some difficulties because the instructions only talk about one cover film to be removed before putting the protector onto the screen. Actually, both sides of the protector are covered with a film, but only one of them (the “top” one) has a strap, the on on the side to be attached to the screen does not have a strap. So I removed the wrong cover film first and it took me a few minutes to find out about the film on the other side and how to remove it. Having this solved, putting the protector onto the screen without air bubbles worked like a charm.

So IMO the scope of delivery and assembly instructions are clearly below average (based on my experiences with different screen protectors for some Samsung phones).
The ease of assembly (esp. in regards to avoidance of air bubbles) ist absolutely fine.
The protector fits very well, with no visible gap between protector and case.

Of course i cannot tell anything about protection function or durability (besides that everything is still fine after 15 minutes :slightly_smiling:).

4 Likes

I tried both the Mitch 6 and Mitch 10. I have now decided to take the Mitch 6 even though it is very tight at first. It is getting easier to use as it becomes a little bit stretched with time.
The first time I tried inserting it I thought it would not fit!
But after a few tries it became smoother.
The Mitch 10 fits better at first and there won’t be any “rattling around”, it is in now way too big for the phone.
The reason I chose the Mitch 6 is that I am a small woman, and the Mitch 10 is much longer. It looks really big on me an is a bit uncomfortable when I sit. The Mitch 6 is just a little bit longer than the FP2. When inserted the end of the FP2 is almost but not quite sticking out. If anybody would attempt to steal it there would be no way to do it without me noticing because as of now you still need a bit of force to get it in and out.
My conclusion:
Both the Mitch 6 and the Mitch 10 work. The Mitch 10 is the smoother fit but if you need a shorter solution you can make the Mitch 6 work as well.

2 Likes

Today, I also put on an BROTECT AIRGLASS screen protector without any problems! It fits perfectly. It goes to the case rim but not under it.
I hat to remove only one cover, I didn’t find an other one. Instruction was okay.
I orderd by protectionsfilms24.com
Service was good, delivery in a simple envelope, so no problems with custom and taxes (Switzerland).
I also orderd Vikutii protectors.

2 Likes

Beginning of this week I picked up my Mitch 10 from my local store (in red). I really like it, my FP2 fits well into it without being loose and I find it quite comfortable to carry on the belt. Thanks to @vowi for pointing me to Feuerwear in the first place!

I just got my Fairphone 2 in the mail. Can attest to the Vikuiti screen protectors being the right fit and working well (so far)

I’m VERY interested in a flip case. Anyone have any info on that sort of thing?

Also, does anyone know if the FP2 has similar dimensions to a phone more commonly sold? If so, one might be able to buy a Krusel case

http://www.krusell.se/en

which would be exactly what I’m looking for.

Sorry for the delay, but always welcome!!!:sunglasses:

I have bought this one

https://www.mapbagrag.com/shop/de/mobile/fairphone-2/flip-fairphone-2/575/flip-fairphone-2-grau

and it fits nicely to the FP2. With the strap it’s easy tu pull out so you don’t need to touch the screen. Seems good quality. Quick delivery as well…

2 Likes

Thanks for putting the photo up Akiro, that helped! I’ve just ordered one of these too :slight_smile:

1 Like

where can i get a fp2 etui so that i can use the camera without taken the fp2 off the etui?

I ordered 2 different types of protective foils from disagou and both don’f fit preceise. The shape in total is ok but the front-camera is 1mm to much right.

both dont fit:
Golebo Blickschutzfolie schwarz für Fairphone 2 #bs6572 9.95
Golebo Displayschutzfolie Semi-Matt für Fairphone 2 #xm6572_2 3.95

I also ordered the ones from schutzfolien24.de and whant to give you a feedback.
I ordered these products:
M14-B6606 - Matting foil for 3.99
M30-B6606 - Matting foil from 3M for 12.99
GXN-B6606 - Privacy Protector for 11.99

M14-B6606 fits perfect and has abolutely a good touch and view.
M30-B6606 same. and i also doubt that its different in any kind. Here is a photo of
M14-B6606 & M30-B6606 over eachother…

The cuts and shape ar so similar that its just imposibule that its not out of the same machine… maybe its realy different material but… :wink:
The GXN-B6606 - Privacy Protector i haven’t tested yet but it seams to fit as it has the same shape…
Regards, Novski

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

does anyone know a seller of metal-bumpers?
My phones always have a severe problem with gravity and bumpers made of metal extremely helped them to survive. :grinning:
I only found these for the “usual suspects”…

Regards,
Mia

Hi everyone, I saw the Otterbox case for the Iphone and was thinking of getting something like this for my fairphone. Unfortunately, they don’t have a Fairphone case yet.
http://www.otterbox.co.uk/en-gb/iphone-se/symmetry-series-case/apl28-iphone-5se.html?dwvar_apl28-iphone-5se_color=20#start=2

The standard case that ships with the fairphone is quite good, but I dropped my phone last week and the screen broke.
I think it’s because the case was deforming at the volume keys area.

I’ve now ordered and received a new screen unit, but I want to wait till i have a better case before i put the screen on.

Let me know your thoughts about strong protective cases. I prefer not to use a flip case or a wallet type or sock type ones since my last screen broke when the device was in use.

Hi! I’m new and I wanna go & buy a Fairphone. I happen to often drop my phone so I really need a good case for protection, preferably foldable like a booklet.
On the website I see case designs for FP1 and FP1U, that don’t fit the FP2.
Is there isn’t a FP2 case yet, are there any other cases for other Androids maybe thay also fit the FP2?

Yes. Please, a flip case! So it’s still somehow protected after I take it out of my pocket or bag and then let it drop. Any ideas?

Is there any indications that they are going to have one?
I think Fairphone is a too small brand for any other company to make a case for it. Even though it is very much needed as the included Fairphone case is not very strong or protective.

Iirc Fairphone stated that they won’t provide a FP2 case because the back cover us designed to work as protection case. However you should be able to find some FP2 specific flip covers on amazon.

2 Likes