Cases and screen protectors for Fairphone 2

The screen protectors I mentioned here Cases and screen protectors for Fairphone 2 (FP2) (or: Which fits better: Feuerwear Mitch 6 or 10?) are fitting and OK. Four different versions available for a reasonable price.
And there is a gap between the edge of the foil and the rim.

1 Like

I tried a black one as well and was happy with the size. Tight, but no violence needed when stuffing it in. Now what you say is confusing. As they are all hand made, maybe there are slight differences in size and I just accidentally grabbed a slightly larger one, whereas you encountered a smaller one?

As vowi mentioned, there is indeed a gap between the film and the rubber rim, about 0.5mm. Thus, the film does not come off when putting on or off the rim.

2 Likes

Hi everybody,
I got this one here:

I am very happy with it…I can definitely recommend this one.

3 Likes

I’m using this one now: http://www.schutzfolien24.de/artikel/2x-brotect-matt-displayschutzfolie-fuer-fairphone-2-1928985.html . Fits perfectly for my needs, but there is a small/tiny gap between protector and case. However, with matte protectors you usually lose a lot of detail on the screen, same in this case.

I bought this one and it fits good.

3x Vikuiti™ MySafeDisplay Screen Protector DQCT130 from 3M for Fairphone 2 (2015)

8 Likes

To add this discusssion of the Feuerwear cases, I bought a Mitch 10 for my FP2, and I’m very happy with it. I ordered it to be shipped to the UK, and it arrived within 3 days. Whilst others have found that they Mitch 10 is too big, mine is pretty snug - the phone doesn’t rattle around in there at all. I certainly wouldn’t want it to be any smaller.

As others have pointed out, however, there does seem to be a bit of variety from case to case, given that they’re handmade.

Anyway, I’d recommend it - with the caveat that it does make for quite a bulky package. I’m a big guy with big pockets, so it doesn’t bother me. But if you wear a lot of skinny jeans etc, it might not be for you.

Attached - pictures of the case, with sleeping spaniel to demonstrate scale.

5 Likes

I sent a message to Feuerwear and they also recommended the Mitch 10. Looks like I’ll have to go to town again these days…

I got a Mitch 10 based on @Pete_Kingsley 's post and given how snug a fit it is I’m pretty sure I would’ve had to send a Mitch 6 back. No rattling at all, in fact there’s definitely still some effort involved to get it in and out.

In the end I went with a matte brotect screen protector as well, I had a bit of trouble putting it on because while the “no air bubbles under the screen” thing is beautiful, somehow I’d managed to put it on at just the height so that the rubber edge would push up one of the corners when I put the back cover back on. Required some fiddling but now it’s all set and I’m very happy with it (and there’s just a hair’s width of a gap). Found out yesterday though that barcodes shown on the phone couldn’t be read (by someone with a handheld scanner at a cinema) - I’m guessing that’s due to it being matte now…

2 Likes

Just ordered a BROTECT AirGlass screen protector (Links: schutzfolien24.de, amazon.de), should arrive at the weekend. I’ll give an update when I received it.

Has anyone experience with this model from Vikoo (amazon.de)?

1 Like

For everybody who’s interested in a flip cover case, this one might be worth a look:
http://www.amazon.de/Fairphone-Smartphone-Tasche-Schutzhülle-Standfunktion/dp/B014AMB60Q/ref=pd_bxgy_23_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0HDH3EKSFPV2C64K2GFJ
Don’t know any details, the concept just looked interesting on the first look.

1 Like

My Fairphone is on its way. So I already got a sleeve for it.
I choose one by Kancha. I love their philosophy and how they’re producing the products.
Plus I already got a sleeve for my tablet and i love it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I have just ordered one of those…

1 Like

Today I attached the screen protector (BROTECT AirGlass, see schutzfolien24.de). It comes with assemby instructions, but without cleaning cloth, dust removal stickers or card to attach (I used a credit card instead).
At the beginning I had some difficulties because the instructions only talk about one cover film to be removed before putting the protector onto the screen. Actually, both sides of the protector are covered with a film, but only one of them (the “top” one) has a strap, the on on the side to be attached to the screen does not have a strap. So I removed the wrong cover film first and it took me a few minutes to find out about the film on the other side and how to remove it. Having this solved, putting the protector onto the screen without air bubbles worked like a charm.

So IMO the scope of delivery and assembly instructions are clearly below average (based on my experiences with different screen protectors for some Samsung phones).
The ease of assembly (esp. in regards to avoidance of air bubbles) ist absolutely fine.
The protector fits very well, with no visible gap between protector and case.

Of course i cannot tell anything about protection function or durability (besides that everything is still fine after 15 minutes :slightly_smiling:).

4 Likes

I tried both the Mitch 6 and Mitch 10. I have now decided to take the Mitch 6 even though it is very tight at first. It is getting easier to use as it becomes a little bit stretched with time.
The first time I tried inserting it I thought it would not fit!
But after a few tries it became smoother.
The Mitch 10 fits better at first and there won’t be any “rattling around”, it is in now way too big for the phone.
The reason I chose the Mitch 6 is that I am a small woman, and the Mitch 10 is much longer. It looks really big on me an is a bit uncomfortable when I sit. The Mitch 6 is just a little bit longer than the FP2. When inserted the end of the FP2 is almost but not quite sticking out. If anybody would attempt to steal it there would be no way to do it without me noticing because as of now you still need a bit of force to get it in and out.
My conclusion:
Both the Mitch 6 and the Mitch 10 work. The Mitch 10 is the smoother fit but if you need a shorter solution you can make the Mitch 6 work as well.

2 Likes

Today, I also put on an BROTECT AIRGLASS screen protector without any problems! It fits perfectly. It goes to the case rim but not under it.
I hat to remove only one cover, I didn’t find an other one. Instruction was okay.
I orderd by protectionsfilms24.com
Service was good, delivery in a simple envelope, so no problems with custom and taxes (Switzerland).
I also orderd Vikutii protectors.

2 Likes

Beginning of this week I picked up my Mitch 10 from my local store (in red). I really like it, my FP2 fits well into it without being loose and I find it quite comfortable to carry on the belt. Thanks to @vowi for pointing me to Feuerwear in the first place!

I just got my Fairphone 2 in the mail. Can attest to the Vikuiti screen protectors being the right fit and working well (so far)

I’m VERY interested in a flip case. Anyone have any info on that sort of thing?

Also, does anyone know if the FP2 has similar dimensions to a phone more commonly sold? If so, one might be able to buy a Krusel case

http://www.krusell.se/en

which would be exactly what I’m looking for.

Sorry for the delay, but always welcome!!!:sunglasses: