Cases and screen protectors for Fairphone 2

Hello everyone,

now that I have ordered the great FP2 I wonder if I can get a protective case and a screen protection foil.
Probably even before the phone itself arrives.

Is there any information yet if/when these things will become on the FP store or anywhere else?

3 Likes

Fairphone have designed the FP2 so that the back cover is also a protective case so you don’t need one.

If you did want something to put it in like a wallet or folio cover you’d have to wait and see what it will fit into. Fairphone aren’t producing anything themselves

3 Likes

This is what I asked in a support ticket:

Will there be FP2 cases available in your store? Are cases from other phones
   compatible with the FP2?
Though, FP2 has Gorilla Glass 3, do you recommend a display foil or is that
   not necessary then?
What do recommend with the FP2? A leather case or a plastic case?

And their response was:

Yes, we will sell separate FP2 cases in our webshop. And since the Fairphone 2 
has its own unique size, there won't be any cases from other manufacturers which
will fit the Fairphone 2 perfectly. I wouldn't necessarily say you would need 
display foil, but of course everybody uses their phone differently, so it is up
to you whether you decide to take one or not. And since the back cover is a case
for the phone in itself, an additional one isn't necessary.

However I think I’ll get some pocket like this to protect the whole thing.

What do you think? Are you going to protect your phone?
http://www.bunte-handytaschen.de/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/E/t/Etui_Premium_blau_2.jpg

1 Like

I am very happy since two years with a simple knitted case to protect FP1 from scratches (not drops) - thanks to talented family members :wink:
All 3 small scratches at the screen result from not beeing in its wool case :frowning:

I am looking forward to get a similar one for my FP2, giving the old one to trustful hands of my girlfriend…
Cheers, Robert

13 Likes

I will probably diy a case like the one I had for my FP1U again.

1 Like

While I like the concept of a 2-in1 phone and case, I’m still worried that my shiny new FP2 will be covered in scratches and dents in no time because I always have keys and change in my pockets and I drop my phones all the time.

What I’d really love to see is a snug-fit slide cover or–better yet–a flip case from Feuerwear. They are very Fairphone in that they make bags and cases from decommissioned and upcycled fire hose. And they look cool, too. Unfortunately, none of their phone cases seem to be a really good fit for the FP2 size-wise.

1 Like

Seeing that the integrated case will be exchangeable (and the camera and the screen too) I think I don’t need an external protective case. And I prefer a lot to have a phone without external, heavy and chunky case. And I think the phone itself it’s big enough

2 Likes

I just keep my phone in an other pocket. Keys on the right, phone on the left. Never any scratches! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t think that an external case will be necessary for me but I prefer to have screen protection foils nevertheless. Maybe I buy one that is way too large and cut it to fit the FP2 if there won’t be an “official” one (and I honestly don’t expect one to be made available).

1 Like

Does someone know a good holster with a belt clip that might fit for the FP2? I mean something like this.

1 Like

Just a crosslink to another topic about cases for FP2:

2 Likes

It seems it exists :slight_smile: look at my post here, searching for FP2 they sell folies for it now so no need to wait :wink:
Bye!

1 Like

I like the cases from Waterkant a lot, they have special fits for the FP1
http://waterkant-cases.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=fairphone
I just sent them a mail asking about pouches for the FP2.
Will post their answer here.

2 Likes

After I got some helpful replies to my question if the Fairphone 2 would be too big for a trouser pocket, I started searching for a belt case that’s available from a Dutch webshop. I don’t mind if the orders come from abroad, but I want the interface and shipping/payment methods easily available from a Dutch perspective.

Searching for a belt case made by reusable materials didn’t yield the result I wanted, everything I found was either not the right size or didn’t have a belt clip attached to it (and I’m no DIY guy).

My search ended with some possibilities from regular webshops, 2 alas in leather and 1 in polyurethane (is polyurethane quite clean or really polluting?):

Just the right size: http://www.mytrendyphone.nl/shop/universele-horizontale-170161p.html

alas in leather, just like this one: http://www.mytrendyphone.nl/shop/universele-horizontale-172429p.html

the polyurethane one:

https://www.conrad.nl/nl/smartphone-holstertas-embossed-maat-xxl-zwart-1313848.html

Hi! Just made a request to www.feuerwear.de with the dimensions of the new fairphone 2 asking which of their handycases would fit the FP2. Perhaps they give it a thought to make a special edition for FP2 or adapt one of their Mitches. I also asked if the belt clip can be adapted for horizontal wear, not only vertical.
Will get back to you, when I have the answer! :wink:
Franz

5 Likes

I applaud your initiative! Please keep us updated on their reply.

of course! (if you meant me as well :wink: ) I sent two requests, one to Waterkant as mentioned above, and one to RunGPS, as I wrote in the other topic.

2 Likes

Indeed will I give you all a ring about the return. CU

Actually, let me answer that for you right away:
On this page feuerwear has a casefinder if the phone you have does not appear in their list and you want to fit the size.
Looking at the specs of FP2 you can quickly figure out that Mitch 6 (39€) would be the correct case.

Cheers!

That is why I did a request to Feuerwear. I’m not sure about. Did you keep in mind that the FP2 is 11mm thick? I would think of the Mitch 10 is more suitable. But we will see. I’ll keep you informed.

2 Likes