Can't lock bootloader

You did nothing wrong, there’s no Magisk to boot into, all this does is give you root privileges so you can use the commands we need.

Just follow the instructions that come after fastboot boot path_to_boot.img now :slightly_smiling_face:
(In case you rebooted in the meantime you’ll have to use fastboot boot again to get into a rooted environment, that’s only temporary)

2 Likes

Good, cause I have no idea what I’m doing here. Looks like critical is unlocked again.

fastboot oem device-info output:
(bootloader) Verity mode: true
(bootloader) Device unlocked: true
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: true
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
OKAY [ 0.004s]
Finished. Total time: 0.005s

fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability output:
(bootloader) get_unlock_ability: 1
OKAY [ 0.001s]
Finished. Total time: 0.002s

Guess I should do this now:

• Open the flash_fp4_factory.command file in the folder where you extracted the Fairphone factory images and change line 23 to REBOOT_TO_BOOTLOADER="true"
  • Get the new SHA256SUM for the script (sha256sum flash_fp4_factory.command if you are on Linux) and replace the one in the SHA256SUM file with it (last line)
  • Run the installation again and check fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability afterwards

I’m on windows. Do I do the same but with the .bat file?

Awesome :clap:

The .bat is basically just calling the .command file IIRC (same as the .sh for Linux). Can’t check rn, not anywhere near a PC/proper internet.
Just open it up, there should be a reference to the .command file somewhere :slightly_smiling_face:

There’s no sha256sum on Windows but apparently there’s something similar (if you are using PowerShell), so Get-FileHash flash_fp4_factory.command | Format-List should get you what you need.

1 Like

Alright. So far so good. Ran the flash, and the phone booted into fastboot.
get_unlock_ability is still 1.
So for the locking, the guide (https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/10492476238865-Manage-the-Bootloader) says to first type fastboot flashing lock_critical, then fastboot flashing lock.
Is this the way I should do it? Or should I just do ‘fastboot flashing lock’?

Leave critical unlocked because 1) no need to lock it 2) locking it will trigger a data wipe and a reboot, if you don’t catch that in time you’ll end up with get_unlock_ability reset again.

3 Likes

It worked! I tested one of the apps I previously couldn’t use, and it’s functional.
Thank you so much for helping me out with this! I was on the verge of just buying a new phone, but now I can hopefully use this one a good while longer. I would never have figured this stuff out on my own, so I really appreciate you taking the time to help me!

6 Likes