Can't install Dec 2021 update

I had OTA issues as well:
Build no. A.081
Rooted with Magisk
Unrooted
Several factory resets,
flashed images made available by hirnsushi and others.
Several factory resets,
„Strange behaviour“ of Slot B (did immediately switch to A on boot)
Download of OTA ok, but installation error.
So for weeks I was without update, rooted with Magisk.
Yesterday for any reason OTA installed…
now in February I have the December security patch. Juppiduh?!!
Build no. A.099.
Soon I am going to change to e/ or lineage.

Good luck/magic to all.

Build A.099 is still security patch level December, so you are on the latest update :+1:
They either forgot to change the string to January :roll_eyes: or actually didn’t include the newest patches :pensive: who knows… (I don’t, cause those are delta updates and a pain to extract)

I already updated to A.099, otherwise I would have helped you with that img.

I don’t know a lot about A/B slot, are all partition duplicated or only some of them? For example if I activate my inactive slot, could I recover the “old” xbl.img?

1 Like

Thanks anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is a list of the A/B partitions:

FP4:/dev/block/by-name $ ls -m *_{a,b}
abl_a, abl_b, aop_a, aop_b, bluetooth_a, bluetooth_b, boot_a, boot_b, core_nhlos_a,
core_nhlos_b, devcfg_a, devcfg_b, dsp_a, dsp_b, dtbo_a, dtbo_b, featenabler_a,
featenabler_b, fsgbk_a, fsgbk_b, hyp_a, hyp_b, imagefv_a, imagefv_b, keymaster_a,
keymaster_b, mdtp_a, mdtp_b, mdtpsecapp_a, mdtpsecapp_b, modem_a, modem_b,
multiimgoem_a, multiimgoem_b, qupfw_a, qupfw_b, recovery_a, recovery_b, tz_a, tz_b,
uefisecapp_a, uefisecapp_b, vbmeta_a, vbmeta_b, vbmeta_system_a, vbmeta_system_b,
xbl_a, xbl_b, xbl_config_a, xbl_config_b

You can only extract the current and the previous build you had, updates essentially overwrite the slot you are currently not using. So in your case we could probably extract A.099 and A.094, but if the phone is new or wasn’t updated in between, those slots can contain almost any combination of previously released builds.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.