Can't change to ubports

I try to change my new FP2 to ubports with the newest ubports-installer 0.1.21-beta. I get a bug message: Fastboot: Unknown error: downloading ‘boot.img’…OKAY [ 0.368s]booting…FAILED (remote: bootimage: incomplete or not signed)finished. total time: 0.369s
I chose repeat no changes and then ignore and I got the Fairphone powered by ubuntu screen but nothing else. After a view reboots I’m back in google… How should I proceed to change to ubports??

Try an older version of the installer. 0.1.12 and 0.1.9 are the ones often reported to work when the new one fails.

Or, if you have some programming knowledge, there is a potential fix on github you could try if you are familiar with running/building stuff from source code :wink:

3 Likes

I tried the older versions but I there is no difference. And I have no programming knowledge. I use linux since decades an ubuntu touch since it is out. My old Aquaris E5 is broken… I managed to save all the old stuff and thought it will be easy to start ubports with the FP2. But till now I faild

Maybe you already did that, but the only thing I can think of now is to ask in the Ubports installation group on Telegram. Just ask in the main super group (https://t.me/ubports) for someone to walk you through the installation.

Thank you. I’ll try it there. I set my FP2 twice back to “Werkseinstellung” and I can contact it via the computer. But any ubports-installer just hang up an print out the failure: Fastboot: Unknown error: downloading ‘boot.img’…OKAY [ 0.368s]booting…FAILED (remote: bootimage: incomplete or not signed)finished. total time: 0.369s #512
I find lots of this failures in the GitHub forum…

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.