Hi There All,
I know that this subject is going on for a while. And that there is a installation manual been written as well. But still, I just can’t bind the unfiedNLP
I’m having the following settings:
I’m running 19.02.1 open os version
My backends are Mozille location service and GSM location service. Currently only running mozilla.
The address lookup is Nominatim.
On Xposed I’m running the module XposedGmsCoreUnifiedNLP
I’ve reinstalled, rebooted several times without any luck. The website form MicroG says that for android 7 an extra patch is needed. I did not know how to install that piece of code. So I don’t have this patch.
On the forum here sombody also gave a patch for an own build openOs. But I just used the version avaiable. Didn’t build it myself (at leas that’s what i thought i did)
Is there somebody who could help me further and get met a proper binding? that would be nice!
i had the same problem that you have and this solved it for me:
Making microG GmsCore a system App:
- On your Phone, open a FileManager with root access (e.g. Amaze) and create this folder: /system/priv-app/GmsCore
- Reboot to TWRP Recovery
- Tap on “Mount” and then on “System” to mount /system
- Tap on “Advanced” then “File Manager”
- Find the apk-file of microG GmsCore in /data/app (the folder is named something like “com.google.android.gms…”
and the apk is named “base.apk”) and move the apk to the folder you just created: /system/priv-app/GmsCore
- (optional i guess, but helps finding the file again later) Rename the moved “base.apk” to “GmsCore.apk”
- Change the permissions of the file /system/priv-app/GmsCore/GmsCore.apk to 777 (tap on the file, then on chmod, then change the “0000” to “777”)
You might also have to change the permissions of the folder /system/priv-app/GmsCore to 777, but I’m not sure…
- Exit the File Manager and Reboot to System
In the microG Self-Check the box next to “UnifiedNlp is registered in system” should be ticked now!
The next time you update Fairphone OpenOS, you have to follow these steps to keep GmsCore as a system-app!
- before the update, use the TWRP File Manager to move the folder /system/priv-app/GmsCore somewhere out of /system (/system gets wiped during an update!)
- directly after flashing the update and before rebooting, use the TWRP Filemanager to move the folder back to /system/priv-app/ and maybe change permissions again to 777.
Excerpt from this source that helped me:
Instead of using "mv" use "cp" to copy it to system/priv-app folder.
Ensure it is in the priv-app folder using "ls"
use chmod 777 to give it privileges
Ensure it has the correct privileges using "ls -l"
use "adb reboot" to have the system install the application.
One thing I forgot to note - if you go into the system/priv-app folder and you see that all the other APK's are in their own folders, you might also have to create a folder for your apk.
cp app_name.apk system/priv-app/app_name
chmod 777 system/priv-app/app_name/app_name.apk
Thanks for your response! I’m struggeling a lot with opening the data folder from twrp. The folder is always empty. I’ve also seen that the data folder can’t be mounted. Yesterday I was fooling around and changed the format type from my data folder. With the result that I lost all data…
Full night of reinstalling…
So, could you tell me if you had the same problem?
I guess you have an encrypted /data but not the most recent TWRP version, which you need to mount an encrypted data.
See this wiki https://forum.fairphone.com/t/using-twrp-on-the-fairphone-2/29452 for upgrading your TWRP to the most recent version and then try mounting /data again.
Hi CChris. I was on this as well. But since I’ve messed up my data. I’m very reluctant to proceed. My signal messenger app still can’t read contacts for example…
You probably know this, but the dev team seems to be working on this one (see here) so I think that the next update will solve the problem of UnifiedNLP not binding with the system.
No i was not aware of this! Great news!
Does not solve my problem with my signal messenger app, dough…
This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.