Cannot operate an inherited FP4

Hi guys

Thanks for your thoughts.

Got it back with Android 12. No real problems with the startup the second time round - the first time there was no onscreen keyboard displayed anywhere, and I don’t want to talk to my phone - had to do a factory reset… Apart from the fact that I think it highly unusual that no operating manual is available. I don’t need a printed manual, a PDF download would be fine. I cannot and don’t want to watch hours of video tutorials while not being sure that an answer to my question can be found anywhere (e.g.: what is the purpose of the two small circular and square buttons at the lower end of the screen?).

Cheers
Robert

2 Likes

If you mean on the screen, as there are no buttons on the face, Fairphone probably consider that as it’s a part of the default Android this would be common knowledge or at least not specific to the phone.

… and of course, since this is common knowledge anyway, there is no need to answer my question? Or don’t you know the answer yourself? Then why bother answering at all?

I definitely don’t know what you mean by that?
If it icons on the screen as you confirm, then is it not just default Android and not Fairphone.

You wanted a manual so you could understand, maybe you can post an image if you want specifics.

What launcher do you use as this makes the buttons different.

By the way your reply is a bit rude, when all that happened is someone engaging with your post :cry:

Anyway this is off topic to the title isn’t it ??

I don’t know a better question than ‘what is the purpose of the two small circular and square buttons at the lower end of the screen?’ -
Unbenannt

On the other hand I don’t know what you mean by ‘launcher’? I just did a factory reset and proceeded according to the messages on the screen.

I might have been a little rude, apologies for that. But it is not the first time that I encounter people in forums who do not read what I wrote (or fail to understand what I mean) but give an answer anyway that doesn’t help at all. In such a case it is easy for me to to lose my patience.

And I think this is such a basic question that ‘cannot operate’ is not too far off topic.

Peace!

There are three symbols, not two, a triangle, a circle and a square. If you are using the standard Fairphone software, what I assume after your postings, they are standard in Android, if you don‘t activate gesture navigation and described for example here:

3 Likes

Thanks! That was the answer I was looking for. I had found out by myself what the little triangle is used for, therefor I only asked about the circle and square.

Cheers
Robert

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.