Can´t deactivate the screen lock after having activated it - Help!

Hello there!

I know there´s a similar topic here https://fairphone.zendesk.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200794606-Screen-lock-how-to-turn-it-of-after-activating but my problem is a little bit different.
Because I had to activate the screen lock for being able to install a authority certificate for my wifi at university and now (that the certificate is installed and I don´t want to have the screen lock anymore) I can´t deactivate it anymore.
In System settings -> Security -> Screen lock I only have the pin/pattern/password-options, the others are grey, I can´t select them (it says “deactivated by Admin, policy or login data”)…I guess the problem was the certificate.

But does anyone know what I can do? Without losing the authority certificate for the wifi :frowning:

Thank you in advance!!

In Android 4.2, as far as I know, there is no possibility to deactivate the lock screen while using a certificate. This is a security “feature”

I think you can’t deactivate it. It is a feature, not a bug. Even if some people just see it as a usability problem. :wink:

Workarounds:

• You could set a simpler password or pin code which is typed in quickly.
  • You could set the screen lock to a longer period, so you don’t have to type it in the code every time the display turns off.

Incidentally, I was just discussing the latter with @Stefan in another thread over here. I can’t check at the moment, but I did exactly that: setting the screen lock to > 5 min, but going to standby after just a short time.

1 Like

Okay, then it is as feared. But the hint with the longer screen lock period but shorter standby mode is good! Thank you, that´ll help!

1 Like