Can FP3 run SailfishOS?

Hi, guys! I’m going to buy a FP3 in the next few months (I just have to save up some more money) and i was wandering if you can run the SailfishOS on it or if it will be possible in the future.

Thank you,

Alex

Have you seen this thread?

Up to now, there is no sailfish. But you can get the FP3 with /e/ preinstalled.
Sailfish will depend on community-efforts and from what I found on the sailfish homepage, there is nothing underway so far.

It was already requested but did not make it to the list of nominated target devices

And it is - of course - not on the list of adaptions:

Edit: Update [2021-01-27]:
No new developments to be found. This posting on the new sailfish forum even makes it look less likely, that official Sailfish OS will come to the Fairphone 3. (Though I have no idea regarding the credibility of that user; sine I am not active on that forum.)

3 Likes

Oh, i didn’t see that. Thank you so much!
Do you think /e/ is better than the Android in terms of speed and update frequency?
I’m very new to tech so sorry if i ask a stupid question :slight_smile: thank you again

Hopefully some technically able person is joining in, as I am not exactly a tech guy.
/e/ is an Android version without the Google stuff.
You can find more information in the following thread. There are also experiences published regarding battery life etc.
As to updates, /e/ seems not to be lagging in this regard.

and on the official homepage of course:

2 Likes

Just as an added information:
Buying the FP3 now will come with a discount, if you have an old phone to recycle (75 € if it’s an old Fairphone; 20 € for any other phone).
Furthermore they now add a pair of their modular headphones for free and the phone is in general approx. 30 € cheaper than the /e/-version.
So, if you dare installing /e/ yourselves, you can save some bucks.
BUT, be aware, that you might have to return the phone to the official Fairphone OS-version if you want to claim a warranty case. If you buy an /e/-Fairphone 3, you get the warranty for that OS-version.

2 Likes

Ooh, I see. So I think i will stick to the original Android version :smiley: I also have a discount code, so I can also buy a second battery for more…

POWER xD
Thank you for your time man, you really helped me. Have a nice day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.