Can fairphone work with israeli sim card?

can fairpone work with israeli sim card? what kind of battery does fairphone use?

Which network bands does your operator use?

As for the battery, please search around a bit on the FP webpage.

Battery details you can find here. Itโ€™s specifically made for the FP.

1 Like

Hi,

Fair Phone works for me with the operator called Hot Mobile. The main thing to check is the carrier frequencies.

Gidi

1 Like

how do i check? i use youphone. and which frequencies i need for fairphone? (and thank you)
ืื™ืš ื‘ื•ื“ืงื™ื ืืช ื”ืชื“ืจื™ื? ืื ื™ ื‘ื™ื•ืคื•ืŸ ื•ื”ื ืœื ืžืจืื™ื ื‘ืืชืจ ืฉืœื”ื ืฉื•ื ืžื™ื“ืขโ€ฆ

Please read this article of Fairphone on frequencies
Ask your provider in Israel if itโ€™s OK with them.

According to this site the FP should work in Israel for both 2G (ordinary voice calls and slow
data traffic) and 3G. The FP supports 3G traffic on the 2100MHz frequency band, which is offered bytthree operators (Golan, HotMobile, Orange). And as seen above, @Gidon_Marcus seems to be able to confirm this for HotMobile.

1 Like

Hi Maayan,
I searched this information before purchasing the Fairphone.
To sum things up- I also use YouPhone - they use Orange lines- and it works fine.
I am very proud of it :smile:

Here is some information about the phone frequencies:
http://www.fairphone.com/#phone
The Fairphone is an unlocked smartphone that has been developed for Europe. In all European countries, mobile network providers will support both 2G (GSM/EDGE) and 3G (UMTS/HSPA+). These are the specific frequencies: UMTS/HSPA+ (2100/900 MHz) and GSM/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz). Please note: The phone will not support CDMA or 4G/LTE.
For all other countries outside Europe, you can rest assured that mobile network providers will support voice and 2G data on these frequencies: GSM/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900 MHz).
Just to be clear, because the first edition Fairphone is geared toward the European market, 3G data connections are not supported in every country in the world (including North America). However, 2G (EDGE) is supported everywhere on GSM bands. This 2G connection is perfectly adequate for general web surfing, email and maps. But itโ€™s not suitable for activities that require large data capacity, like watching videos โ€“ use a Wi-Fi connection instead.

Have a look at Mobile World Live to double-check phone operator networks worldwide.:
http://maps.mobileworldlive.com/

Look for Orange - as I said YouPhone uses Orange waves/ lines.

Good Luck