Can anyone recommend a good mail app for FP3?

Hi @Jaap,
Does Protonmail work with non-Protonmail accounts? I think (but haven’t tried it) that Tutanota might be similar.

Hi everyone,

I was using K9 until I reset my phone, now I’m trying out FairMail because I didn’t backup my K9 config before resetting so the silver lining was it gave me the freedom to try something else.

Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

I have recently switched to /e/ and the cool thing is that /e/'s preinstalled mail app is a derivative of K9 mail. So I could import my backed up K9 mail config and everything was configured as before.

3 Likes

Hi
protonmail.ch is a mail provider and mail app. You should get a free mail address on protonmail and forward your other mails to that adress.
Thanks

Hi @Jaap,

Okay that’s a way to do it but not really what most people would want to do. Do you know if the Protonmail app will support other providers, or not? I’m asking because you seem to have the app, but maybe you don’t use other mail providers so don’t know the answer.

Cheers :slightly_smiling_face:

This has been “coming soon” for over one and a half years now, so I wouldn’t bet on it actually coming at all to be honest…

1 Like

FairEmail

• Open Source
  • Privacy oriented following EFF recommendations
  • User Experience far better that other OpenSource clients like K-9.

Note: Not related with fairphone company, just a match in both project names.

2 Likes

K9 gets the job done - there’ s a paid version called kaiten too.

I prefer K9.

1 Like

I have changed the first post into a wiki post. Everyone can edit it with their improvements. Most wanted at the moment: Links and App Stores where to get the apps.

I have been using R2MAIL2 for several years now. For me the best Android Mail App as it is the only one as far as I know that supports both SMIME and OpenPGP encryption. Focus is on security.
Excellent support by the developer. Costs a few euros but is worth the money.

1 Like

+1. I’m also using R2Mail2 because of the encryption support.

For what I have seen so far, Protonmail and Tutanota are indeed alike, with encryption and all, but not really meant to support other providers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.