Cameras dont work

FP3, Andorid 11, latest FP-Update.
I opend the original Cam-App, tipped on change to front-cam, then both srewed and I don`t see anything anymore, neither front nor back-cam. Another cam-app did not fix the problem.
Thats no hardware-problem, or is it?
Who can find out? Who could fix it?

Hi oschilli and welcome to the community forum :slightly_smiling_face:

Make sure you have backed up your phone and have copied your files, photos etc. elsewhere before doing anything else.

I would recommend first that you try re-starting your phone in Safe Mode. This will not harm any apps you have installed or your data, it’s just a way of temporarily setting your additional apps aside to determine whether they might be responsible for the problem. Once in Safe Mode try the stock camera app.

Next things to try are emptying the camera app’s cache and clearing the app’s data. For this, re-start the phone in normal mode. Go to Settings > Apps and notifications > See all apps > Camera.

Are you using a SD card for extra storage and if so, is it configured as an expansion of internal memory or as “Portable” (external) memory?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.