Camera stopped working and sends error message "unable to connect"

Hi guys,
I’m overall very happy with my fairphone and am quite a fan of the whole idea. However, over the last few weeks my camera has not been working.It started with phases where it didn’t used to and I got a notification saying ‘can’t connect to camera.’ I firstly assumed it’s the software, but at one point when it did work the screen became weirdly pixelated in all sorts of colours and the camera immediately stopped working. It hasn’t worked since, I get the error message every time now. I’m quite disappointed because I only received the phone in January. I’ve contacted Fairphone twice about this but haven’t received an answer yet. Do you think I’m right in thinking that the problem will still fall under the warranty? I know a camera module doesn’t cost the world, but I read somewhere (sorry, can’t remember where…) that other people have had similar problems and were told to send the phone back to Fairphone. I would like to do that, but am not sure if it’s worth it as I haven’t yet received a confirmation that they will fix this for me under warranty.
I’d be really greatful for any tips and information - has anybody else had a similar problem?
Sarah

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can’t connect to the camera FP2