Calls won't come through

Hallo, since the last update calls to me won’t come through, but I can still call without any problems. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Did you do the update OTA and can you specify which update you have and confirm that you are using the default Fairphone Android 10

Do you mean it wont ring, and/or there’re no missed calls etc.? It may be you have a do not disturb option running.

Does it happen both when the screen is locked and when you are using the phone etc?

I’m indeed using android 10 and it happened after the update on February the 5th. My phone doesn’t ring and doesn’t give missed calls notifications. I’m not entirely sure, but I think it happens both with the screen locked and in use.

You could call a friend and ask them to call you back immediately before the screen locks and you could delay the lock time to be sure.

I’ve just tried and it rings when the screen is active

Ok so it looks like you have a Do not disturb function. I haven’t got my phone with me but under notifications you will find options and ensure the Do not disturb is disabled.

Settings > Sound
Ensure Do not disturb is off

Settings > Apps and notifications
You will see Notifications for ** apps ~ check the phone is not in the list

If the phone is not in the list use the SEE ALL APPS and scroll down to Phone
Check Show notifications ~ they should all be on
At the bottom of that list is Modify system settings ~ check that is allowed as it may be needed to override media playing, for example

1 Like

I’ve checked and do not disturb is disabled already

Ok then better check the Notification options.

I fixed it! I’ve enabled everyone to call when in do not disturb mode (although disabled) and now it works

2 Likes

So thanks allot for the suggestions

2 Likes

Was it to do with the notification? An update on what you did would be useful to others, I had the same problem soon after getting the phone in Oct last.

It’s more important as you’ve ticked your own solution without saying what the solution was :slight_smile: So it’s not a solution for anyone else in that sense.

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear. In the notification menu I enabled everyone’s call to come through when in do not disturb mode. Although I’m not in do not disturb mode it does work

Sorry you are still not clear. :thinking:

Do you mean

Settings > Apps and Notifications > Notifications > Notifications on Lockscreen > Show alerting and silent notifications :slight_smile:

Yes that’s what I mean

1 Like

There are so many options it’s getting more difficult to find the right combination and then there’s the question of why didn’t the update respect your previous settings?

Still all sorted and lessons learnt so can’t be bad :slight_smile:

From the description, and from what I have understood, it’s
Settings→Sounds→(Advanced)→Do Not Disturb→Calls→Allow calls→From everyone
Also accessible from quick settings shade→long press on Do Not Disturb icon→Calls→Allow calls→From everyone

What I have understood is that although DND mode is not activated, he allowed everyone to call when DND was on, and it solved the problem (as if DND was really on). It seemed clear to me.
@Mathijs6 can you confirm?

Also, FYI, I have marked the answer as solution.

@Alex.A

Thanks for the guidance

I’m not sure I’ve got what you’re saying. There was no suggestion that DND was on at any point?

Yes. But although DND was off, activating this option seems to have solved the problem:

Oh! I though it was agreed it was

Settings > Apps and Notifications > Notifications > Notifications on Lockscreen > Show alerting and silent notifications