Calendar failed to post notification to channel 'null'!?

I’ve been getting a regular but very brief error since upgrading to FPOOS 10 22.02.0-rel.0. Because it’s not a dialog and disappears after a second this text is probably a little approximate:

Calendar failed to post notification to channel ‘null’

… anybody have any suggestions/ideas?

1 Like

Are you using your own calender app/sink, like e.g. aCalendar and/or Davx5?

Hi Amber — yes, Davx5…

Hmm… I don’t know if it could have to do with the sync app, I would rather expect it to be sent from the calendar app but maybe some misbehaviour in between. I suggest to delete your Davx5 account, delete the cache and the storage of Davx5 and all existent calendar apps and reconfigure Davx5 from scratch. I expect it to not take “too” long (though I don’t know your config) and I personally expect (aka: hope, wish) this notification not to appear any more.

Thanks Amber; unfortunately that has had no effect. I wiped cache, wiped app data, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled DavX5, gave it all the permissions it asked for, rebooted, re-added the calendar, and still every time an alarm is scheduled I get this warning.

I guess that’s one additional piece of information: I thought it was just random, but actually the message seems to come up every time I have an alarm.

1 Like

1 other user reported this issue in the beta group. I dont see a real solution but neither an open issue in the bug tracker. Products / Android 10 on the FP2 · GitLab

Maybe use another calendar app like Etar?

3 Likes

Thanks @yvmuell ; I’ve reported the bug in the hope that someone has answers.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.