Buying from a retailer

I’m thinking about buying a Fairphone soon.
It would be cheaper to do so from the retailer in my country. However, I don’t completely trust them to deal properly with warranty claims (there are stories about warranty claims being denied because phones were damaged by the user, even when they aren’t).

If I buy a phone from my local retailer, can I still ask for warranty directly from Fairphone, if needed? Or do I have to buy directly from Fairphone for that?

You might find the information on the homepage of the EU

In general;

Under EU rules, a trader must repair, replace, reduce the price or give you a refund if goods you bought turn out to be faulty or do not look or work as advertised.

But you will find on that page under “Guarantees for faulty goods” a section to “Choose country”, where you will find more specific information.

And then there is this thread:

1 Like

Thanks for te reply.

Yes, I know the consumer law in my country, but I also know that some stores and companies try to “misinform” the customers and deny responsibility whenever they can. Even resorting to formal complaints can take a significant amount of time to get replies. That is why I wanted to know if I could instead deal with Fairphone.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

1 Like

Just make sure you keep “Proof of purchase” from your retailer, that is needed to consult Fairphone Support with warranty requests if you haven’t bought directly from the Fairphone Shop.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.