Bug: Android 10 FP3 - Unknown Caller

I recently updated my FP3 to Android 10. Afterwards all incoming calls are shown as “Unknown”, the phone doesn’t recognize the callers from my contact list.
When I call a contact it is shown correctly in the call history.
Any idea how to fix this?

I moved your post here to avoid duplicates. Please have a look at the thread and the solutions given.

THANK YOU for fixing this problem for me!

1 Like

Hello. After upgrading my FP 3 to Android 10 my phone numbers are shown as " unknown". Have anyone an Idee how to solve this Problem. Thank you.

You might want to read

and

Best wishes,
Thomas

2 Likes

I moved the two last posts here to avoid duplicate discussions.

1 Like

The Fairphone 3 updated to Android 10 and since then incoming calls are shown as “unknown user”
App restrictions are ok. Google Account has all rights in phone and contact functionality…

Has anybody had this problem or has an idea how to solve?

App cache has been deleted yet. next step? factory reset?

Of which app did you delete the cache?

Gibt schon einen längeren Thread dazu:

1 Like

@martinproell Welcome to the forum!
I moved the three last posts here to avoid duplicates, you can have a look at the solution given in the first post

1 Like

Since this problem seems to affect a lot of people and it looks like many just register on this forum to post here, maybe @formerFP.Com.Manager can look into it and take care, that this bug is registered with Fairphone. :wink:

4 Likes

Hey, just for the record, I also have the same problem.

1 Like

Some here.
One Sim card is doing ok, the other one - all the numbers are from “unknown caller”.
Not ok. I really hope that they will solve that problem fast.

I have had this update on my ticket today. I’m not sure why they have suggested the first part of this as that’s only for displaying your number when you call someone and not the other way around. But they clearly know about it

I was suggest everyone who has the issue reports and raises a ticket directly with Fairphone

Dear Chris,

Thank you for contacting us and for supporting Fairphone. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have recently become aware of this issue related to unknown calls on some Network Operators after the latest software update.

Normally this is related to the SIM card Caller ID set as hidden.

We suggest you do the following:

1. Go to the phone app (blue icon)
  2. Click on the three dots icon (top right corner) > Calling accounts
  3. Select the sim card you are using
  4. Click on "GSM call settings > additional settings > Caller ID
  5. Select “Show number”
  6. Test if the issue is solved

If that doesn’t solve the issue, indeed as a temporary workaround we suggest disabling the option “Enhanced 4G LTE Mode”.

Additionally, if not specified already, we kindly ask you to specify network provider(s) and country where experiencing the issue. In this way I will log your details and forward them to our developers.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and patience. We are truly grateful to our customers for supporting our mission.

I will keep your request on-hold and I will get in touch as soon as we have any news.
If you have any questions in the meantime, please let me know.

5 Likes

Habe dasselbe Problem seit dem letzten Update. Anrufer werden als Anonym gekennzeichnet. Gibt es schon eine Lösung?

2 Likes

I got the same answer. Did not work.

2 Likes

Update from my side - I unfortunately got quite a silly answer today (but also including the nonsensical steps to show caller details), not even acknowledging that it is a software problem with Android 10. I have again tried to be very detailed and specific about it. Hopefully this person will now read my ticket completely.

Entsprechend der englischsprachigen Antwort von Fairphone in dem vorherigen Posting, ist das Problem bekannt und man arbeitet an einer Lösung.
Jeder, der das Problem hat, soll beim Fairphone Support ein Ticket aufmachen und auch noch angeben, welche Netzwerk-Provider und welches Land betroffen sind.

3 Likes

Same problem: Workaround didn’t work for me. Business is hurting because I can’t call people back who might have wanted something from me. This is a serious problem, if it isn’t fixed in a few days I’ll have to get myself an unfair but working phone.

That’s really bad and certainly a no-go.

Just to make sure:
The workaround is this one posted by @Chris_R:

This does not work for you? I thought that to be a sure thing.
You then definitely should open a support-ticket with Fairphone and let them know, that it is not working for you. (Don’t forget to include infos on network provider and country.)

I really hope, that this problem gets solved soon.

:bangbang: Maybe, instead of buying a new phone, you could return to Android 9 for the time being, by installing it manually. :bangbang:
Take a look at this support page:
https://support.fairphone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048050332

There they state:

4. Download Fairphone OS (Android 9) onto your computer. Currently, the Android 10 version of Fairphone OS is unavailable.

So it seems, they are really working on it to fix it.

3 Likes