Bootloader bricked?

Hello!

I wanted to install back to Android 9.0 and LineageOS today! Unfortunately, my bootloader says locked although I have already unlocked OEM unlocking under the developer options in the OS. Fastboot does not recognize the device under Windows or Linux and ADB only works when I start Android 10 and then restart with “adb reboot sideload” - I still cannot install anything. Up until now I had installed E/Os and Fairphone OS Android 10.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you in advance.

fastboot not working on Windows sounds somewhat familiar, maybe this helps: FP3+ no USB conection via fastboot, unlocking bootloader not possible - #6 by andrelam - Fairphone - /e/OS community

Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding: allowing OEM unlock in the developer option is not yet the actual unlock, i.e. it’s to be expected that the bootloader is still locked.

3 Likes

thanks Ingo - will try that and hope the best!

Well - throwing away Windows 10 and installing again Linux fixed it for me… took me just 5 minutes to unluck and flash lineageos… thanks :slight_smile: so it was obvious a windows driver problem…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.