Bluetooth tethering to Tomtom GO 500: upgrade prospects

Continuing the discussion from Live AMA with Franz-Xaver Geiger 13th Oct, 17:00 to 19:00 CEST (UTC+02:00):

A rejoinder here to underscore the fact that MarcoBu is not the only user experiencing this problem, which was already discussed in this topic. While the topic is flagged as “Solved”, it’s not entirely the case: yes, technically the connection is possible with the newer Tomtom software, but the FP1 nags the user by asking for a three-step confirmation each and every time it reconnects (eg. after the Tomtom wakes from sleep). It is the only Android or iOS device which displays this behaviour in my experience

I guess this kink would be ironed out in the new interface, but the only way to be sure is to test it. I’m willing to help, bearing in mind I’m no geek and that my FP1 is still my only daily-use telephone and I wouldn’t want to mess it up with a rough alpha-release. :smile:

Anyway, good luck with the debugging, and looking forward to another 2-3 years of happy use.

Apparently the link to the original post (the BT and TomtomGo cnnnection in the Kitkat update AMA) didn’t work as expected, so I just make another post to connect the topics and draw jftr’s attention.

It might be easier to draw his attention by summoning him: @jftr.

If you do not want to try the alpha release then I can only tell you to wait. I’m sorry that I am not able to tell more.

I understand. I just wanted to draw your attention that this issue had already been raised a few times and that MarcoBu wasn’t reporting an isolated situation.

All the best,
Jan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.