Bluetooth broken

Hello,

Since a couple of days, the bluetooth doesn’t seem to work anymore.
I had a problem with activating it (like I always had and some other users too from what I saw), so I restarted the phone and now I can activate or deactivate the bluetooth but no devices can found the Fairphone with the bluetooth.

Is it something that I can repair with some software or do I need the send the phone back for repair?

Regards,

Grégory

Have you tried resetting the Bluetooth app data?
Settings > Apps > All (swipe right to left to get there) > Bluetooth. Force stop, clear data, clear cache. Probably it is best to then restart the phone, but this may not be necessary.
Note that this will remove any stored information about devices and pairing settings, so you will need to pair devices again.

Thanks for the tips.
I just tried it, but unfortunately, it doesn’t help :frowning:

You say the fairphone can’t find devices, have you checked whether other devices (e.g. a laptop) can find the fairphone? Make sure to make the phone visible in the bluetooth settings.

To be honest, I don’t use bluetooth that often, so I don’t have much experience with it not working. Maybe Fairphone support have some other tips as well (contact form). If nothing works, you could try a reset of the phone before sending it for repair, but use that as a last resort as it wipes your data from the phone. Note that the backup app doesn’t back up everything - on the forum people usually recommend titanium backup instead, but other options may also work.

I didn’t want to go as far as a reset, but everything else failed so I tried it, and it works!

The phone is now visible again by other devices.

Thanks for the help!

2 Likes