Black screen for incoming calls

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Borrowing an old topic I found,
so the case with a FP2 is that when the screen is locked / ā€˜blackā€™ and a call comes you can hear the alarm, but thereā€™s absolutely nothing on the screen indicating it or something you could press to answer the call. If the right side button is pressed the alarm is silenced and you can open the screen, but thereā€™s still nothing. When the caller cuts off the phone shows a missed call.
If a call came when the screen is not locked you have the normal functionalities ie. green button to answer and red to decline.
So, is this a repetition of a case described in the thread copied below and if so, what is the exact setting of permissions for the Phone app or other in the latest FPOS?

Note: The issue is there also after a factory reset. FPOS is up-to-date. On another similar FP2 (we have two) to which FPOS was just recently flashed (back from Open OS) the case does not appear.

Black screen for incoming calls - Help / Fairphone 2 - Fairphone Community Forum

Hello, Iā€™ve opened this old topic and moved your post here.

1 Like

Ok, thanks, but the header shows ā€œsolvedā€ all over, so probably not going to raise the interest too muchā€¦?

Did you try the ā€œsolutionsā€ mentioned above (as fixing proximity sensor and app permissions)?

2 Likes

I have no idea what that proximity sensor might be, but recent findings suggest thereā€™s something wrong with the OS installed.

Fortunately we have two FP2s with the same latest OS builds to compare.

The phone with the issue does NOT have the ā€œLock screenā€ options at all in Phone app settings (Phone app - Notifications - Default - Advanced - Lock screen). This phone has been updated with the Updater.

The other which does have the ā€œLock screenā€ -settings under Phone app was just recently installed with the ā€œGoing Backā€ from FP Open OS to FPOS -ā€˜optionā€™ from code.fairphone.com.

So, what to do next? Not being able to answer calls is not the only issue with the phone, it also acts sluggish even after factory resetā€¦ is there a package to manually reinstall OS?

Itā€™s mentioned e.g. here:

and itā€™s a sensor at the top of the phone measuring the distance of e.g. your ear while having a phone call (if it thinks the ear to be near it does black out the screen so that you canā€™t unintentionally touch any icon during a phone call).

2 Likes

Rightā€¦ ok, I still believe itā€™s an OS issue as thereā€™s clearly something missing in the menu. Being so, is it something that Fairphone Support should be made aware of, or just accept that ā€˜somethingā€™ went wrong with the updates?

Well, you may open an issue here:

1 Like

OK the first one on the Issues-site I looked at #74 is about app notifications issues after a manual update to Android 10 :smile: Veeeery encouraging indeed.

Iā€™ll give the manual update a shot, the phone is near useless anyway as it is.

Thanks for all the tips so far!

1 Like