Black Screen/Booting Issue After FPOS C.073 Android 13 Update

This to my knowledge happens when you execute sh flash_fp4_factory.sh instead of ./flash_fp4_factory.sh or bash flash_fp4_factory.sh on a script file that uses bash-specific syntax.
Is that what happened?

If not, which linux distribution do you use and how did you start the script?

3 Likes

Wow, thanks a lot! That was it, never knew that there was a difference. Guess you never stop learning :wink:

1 Like

Does someone know if the Update to TP1X.C.079 is safe? I donā€™t wanna lose all my data again.

It is recommended to make a backup before updating.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve installed the update and experienced no issues. I was affected by this problem with the update before.

2 Likes

No issues here. Was not affected before.

no backup, no mercy :stuck_out_tongue:

No issues here but didnā€™t experience any issues with update to A13 either even though Iā€™ve tried several custom roms in the past.

Updated a little over a week ago and everything seems to work just fine so far.

It also updated my phone from A12 to A13, despite not mentioning anything about that in the description. I guess itā€™s the A13 update for those using some flavor of Orange (FR, BE, etc.), and who (fortunately) werenā€™t eligible for the official A13 update.

I managed to do that with adb sendevent some time ago. I had a mobile with broken screen and was lucky enough to have adb enabled. scrcpy should then do the rest.
But without an active session of ADB not a chance Iā€™m afraid.

A post was merged into an existing topic: My new fairphone suddenly turned off and wonā€™t turn on

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: SOLVED ! Bootloop, stuck in reboot and erratic battery charging

A post was merged into an existing topic: SOLVED ! Bootloop, stuck in reboot and erratic battery charging

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.