Becoming crazy with notifications

Hi all,
I have just received my FP3. I am happy with the device.
However (I was an iPhone user), I am becoming CRAZY with notifications. I use Messenger a lot. I would like to receive a clear notification (either with the phone locked or not) WITHOUT the content and sender of the message shown to protect confidentiality. I have spend maybe 6 or 7 hours trying to do this (not even going into the problem of having a sound or not) and I CANNOT do that. Neither was my 17 yo son. Could you help me. I am juste about to to back to Apple :).
If possible le same for SMS, Insta, Snap, etc.
Many thanks.
I have tried basically all the possible setting…

Not sure if that covers all you need, but in the settings app, go to “Security & Location > Lock screen settings > On lock screen” and choose whatever option suits you best.

My UI is in German, so English names might differ slightly, but you should be able to find it.

4 Likes

hi :slight_smile:

you have different ways to achieve that:

• If you make a long-touch at the notification, you have the possibility to deactivate this specific notification type of the corresponding app by choosing “Stop notifications

• If you choose (after long-touching on the notification) the “i”-icon, you can navigate to Notifications and choose there more specific which notifications you don’t want receive.

• There are of course also app-specific settings. In my case - Telegram and Signal - I can choose which informations should be visible within the notifications:
    – If you use Telegram, you can find those settings under Settings -> Notifications and Sounds -> Notifications for chats
    – If you use Signal , you can find those settings under Setting -> Notifications

1 Like

Hi Aurelien,

Fairphone has some useful tutorials at

The link to Googles Android Help

https://support.google.com/android/#topic=7313011

is really worthwile, they explain pretty much everything. Many concepts are quite different on Android than on iOS, but I am pretty sure that you will get used to your new phone pretty soon.

Welcome to the Fairphone club, anyway!

Best wishes,
Thomas

2 Likes