Battery troubles since update to 1.5.1

Hi there,

just updated my phone to 1.5.1 a few days ago and ever since I’m having trouble with the battery. It drains within just a few hours, e.g. unplugged it around 7:30 this morning, it’s down to 11 % now, at 9. Barely used it: alarm, some messages. Restarted it several times, took out the battery… Whatelse can I do?

I’m also confronted with the re-boot-problem, but that’s been going on from the moment I received it :wink: But the battery draining is new.

What do you see, if you go to Settings/Batterie?

Hold on, I took a screenshot, but can’t uploas it as of now.
Edit: Here it is:

wireless is off. display settings are usually es low as possible, adaptive setting.

Da ist offensichtlich ein echter Fehler in Deinem Telefon - die Kurve sieht ganz danach aus. Hast Du mal an der Batterie gewackelt im Betrieb?

:wink: Habe ich jetzt mal getan. Viel Spielraum ist nicht, darauf hin hat es automatisch rebooted

I have a similar problem since the update. After less than four hours, the battery is down to 52% - without using the phone at all. Wifi is on since I’ve been at home all day long. And the report says wifi has used the most of the battery.

… and you are waiting for me to write to you: [quote=“Spielmops, post:2, topic:20754, full:true”]
What do you see, if you go to Settings/Batterie?
[/quote]
before sending a screenshot?

It’s nice of you to answer… I see the wifi has used the most. Yesterday evening, the battery was almost empty. The phone rarely used. The wifi had used 40% being at home all day long. Summarizing all the numbers, I could only find 70%, which was even more strange.

Then switch Wifi to off.

Any more advice for me?

Yes, look at those two things:
https://forum.fairphone.com/t/since-update-my-battery-life-is-much-shorter/16717/12?u=nicom&source_topic_id=20754

1 Like

Thank you! That option was indeed activiated. Let’s hope for the best! :slight_smile:

And when you don’t use the GPS, deactivate it in “settings” and set it first to “device only”, otherwise the wifi will still consume.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.