Battery status problem in Macadamia 1.9.9-pre3 OTA

Hi

After facing a lot of problems in the current version of Fairphone OS (mainly “Process Waiting” errors), I decided to try out the Macadamia 1.9.9-pre3 OTA version.

Despite a few wrinkles, I am quite satisfied with it. Apps run smoothly, no major bugs as such.

But the only issue is the battery status. The phone “charges/discharges” very quickly. While charging, it can jump from 50% to 100% quite rapidly and similarly while discharging. This has led to a slight wariness on my part with respect to believing what the battery shows.

Is there any fix (software/hardware) for this? Is this a problem with Macadamia? If I install some other battery app, will the problem go away?

Regards
Sridhar

I had exactly the same Problem and I never found a solution.
Now I am using the Unofficial Kitkat, see here:

https://forum.fairphone.com/t/poll-fp1-kitkat-macadamia-1-9-9-pre3-alpha-vs-unofficial-stock-rom-from-chrmhoffmann?source_topic_id=32002

With the Unofficial Kitkat everything works good like in the macadamia-1-9-9-pre3 but the battery last much longer… :slight_smile:

This is a known problem and it won’t get fixed because Fairphone is not continuing development for the Macadamia update.

I’m closing this because there is no use in discussing it again (see the link in my post).