Battery life in LineageOS

actually those are screenshots.
Battery drain is a way more than .1℅/h to 2%/h.

I need some tool what shows me activities per point of time not as a summery for a specific period of time. That would be very helpful to narrow down the consumers.

Sure these are screen shots, but you notification bar shows a notification from bbs. Not in the third picture.
The drain i was referring to was the idle drain

1 Like

I totally agree, best battery life ever on FP2 with 16.10 build.

I can only add more enthusiasm for this build: A long (10h) train journey yesterday hardly drained the battery compared to older LO builds despite all the power consuming factors of a train journey: Lots of mobile transmissions because of the cell changes when the train moves, data use, WiFi, listening to Music, tethering for my tablet etc.

1 Like

how?? still draining battery, but I almost no apps runs in background.
Trying to limit wakelocks by means of Privacy Guard but don’t see an impact

Well, my usage today resulted in the following observation: while using, at least in some apps, the phone was noticeably warmer. I don’t know whether i should try to investigate or wait for the next weekly, as it is known there’s some wakelock issue (though wakelocks shouldn’t matter while display is on, by definition)

1 Like

Nobody said that next weekly would fix anything :slight_smile:

I have no noticeable battery drain with LineageOS (migration from unofficial to official build didn’t make a difference).
And I had no noticeable battery drain before in Fairphone Open OS (apart from when I left the camera App on).

I didn’t take any extra measures to get there like taming WiFi or installing some battery optimizing App or something, battery life for me was and is just normal.

1 Like

Well, of course everybody expect the next weekly to fix everything :slight_smile:
We’ll see what next Tuesday will bring

(This means, of course you’re right. BTW, in my setup i don’t experience a stray wakelock.)

1 Like

I flashed the latest modem-17.09.03.zip (baseband 4437.1-FP2-0-07) today and get considerable more battery drain than with modem-17.07.06.zip (baseband 4436.1) that I was using until this morning.

Since the update today i habe the most amazing battery stats since i have my smartphone 1 1/2 years ago! I’m impressed!

1 Like

Since the search function doesn’t show a reference to it in this thread yet and I just remembered …

Be aware of the performance profiles of the battery saver settings.
When I installed LineageOS i did set the profile to “Efficiency”.

1 Like

Can you share your settings in:

how?? still draining battery, but I almost no apps runs in background.
Trying to limit wakelocks by means of Privacy Guard but don’t see an impact

I didn’t read the whole thread, but it seems I also have a high battery drain with a new FP2 and latest LoS. I flashed the latest FPOS before switching to Lineage because of the modem files (dunno if I was right). What are suggestions to improve battery usage could someone give a short summary :slight_smile:?

Thanks,
Singu

I guess that is one way to get the latest modem files, but it’s not practical to do for every update. You can just download the latest files here: modemfiles and flash them via TWRP.

See batteryguide

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 183 days. New replies are no longer allowed.