Battery is charging very very slow - brand new FP3

Hi,

Since a few days I own a FP3 now. As we all know, it doesn’t come with a charger. I had no usb-C charger yet, so I bought a cable. Adapters I already have obviously. So I tried the first time charging, but it is hardly charging at all (30% in over 12 hrs). The same goes for the laptop. And, I see only the led light turning red/orange when connected to the charger, no other signs of charging. The adapters seem to be the right ones, the output is 5V/2.0A.

Does anyone know what the issue can be, and how to solve it?
Thanks, Marjon

Hi there and welcome to the community!
Did you check the batteryguide? Plenty of useful tips.
Did you try another cable and charger?
You can check this thread for more info about slow charging:

1 Like

Hi,

you are going to need a charger that officially supports Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 3.0 and a corresponding USB C fast charging cable that is USB IF certified.

If you find Fairphone’s official accessories to expensive, there are plenty of alternatives at Amazon and Co.

Best wishes,
Thomas

2 Likes

Thanks, I found the solution indeed. The charging devices I had were ‘too old’ voor this way of smart charging. Now I bought the right equipment and can finally charge.
I really had no idea about this new standard, so I was happy not to receive a charger with the phone but now I had to buy one anyway…

Best wishes, Marjon

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.