at older topics I already have referred about software issues I am struggling with at the Open OS version 16.10.0 and 16.11.0. The issues:
- I could not download apps from the Google Play Store. I got the message: ‘Google Play Store wurde beendet’ (=has been finished).
- I could not call the Fairphone updater app and got there a similar message: ‘Fairphone Updater wurde beendet’.
I tried a lot of different actions to solve these issues, but it didn’t work.
Now I have decided to do a factory reset to start with a clean software. But strange things happened:
- I have been prepared, that all my private data would have been gone, o.k.!
- the version I found after reboot: 16.11.0. Nice, already the Open OS as before, so I didn’t need to change myself to the Open OS.
- at the home screen I found only three apps: ‘Updater’, ‘Benachrichtigungen’ (in English notifications?) and ‘Play Store’.
- Using the home button I could find some more apps like ‘settings’ and ‘amaze’. So I would be abel to configure the system.
- going to chose a phone number I found all my addresses, I had before the restore (shouldn’t it be all deleted?!)
- clicking at the Play Store icon I got the message, I knew already to well!
I didn’t do any other restore, installation or flashing.
My conclusion: The cleanup of old data and issues didn’t work correctly!
Did somebody else have something like this as well? I will try to do the reset to factory settings again, if possible on different ways. And I will report.