Back cover for FP2 - will the FP3 cover fit and when will it be available?

The translucent back on my FP2 has broken and I think dust is getting in, I’m experiencing some issues with the camera and people can’t hear me in voice calls.
I need to order a new one, and it looks like the shop just has a back for a FP3 and its ‘coming soon’.
How do I get a replacement back for my phone, and will the FP3 back fit (but I sdont think its in stock).
Thanks
Beth

The FP3 has completely different dimensions, so it’s cover won’t fit the FP2. You’ll need to get one of the colorful FP2 slim cases here:

https://shop.fairphone.com/en/accessories

The transparent and translucent covers for the FP2 cracked easily, so Fairphone had to revoke them. In time you could have gotten a new cover for free.

4 Likes

Thanks Paula. Does ‘in time’ mean within a year if purchase? I should have done this earlier as its been cracked for ages :frowning: It is very weak. I’m hoping that is the cause of the other problems I’ve been having.
Thanks for a very quick response.

You generally have 2 years warranty on all hardware but the battery (1 year).

3 Likes

@paulakreuzer is quite correct regarding the warranty.
Just make sure to remind them of this posting:

Regarding you other problems, I really hope for you, though I am not too optimistic.
If the dust and dirt getting into the phone through cracks really be the cause for those troubles, that dirt/dust does not go away by putting a new cover over it.
You should at least try cleaning your phone when / before using the new cover.
For cleaning the phone, take a look here:

or here:

I am wishing you all the best and keep my fingers crossed!

3 Likes

You can still get a free replacement if you have a translucent slim case:

Your phone / case doesn’t have to be in warranty.

3 Likes

Thank you, I’ve emailed support to ask for a replacement.

Thank you, I also have my fingers crossed for the cleaning helping with the camera and sound - here’s hoping! I’ve had a few issues with the phone, I really want to love it but not yet :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.