Apk of Fairphone-Updater?

Good evening,

I am looking for the newest version of the Updater App as an apk. I am doing this because I actually have Fairphone Open installed but I want to have a look at it without connecting my device to my Google account.

Do you know any source, preferrably from Fairphone directly, where to get it? I already tried Raccoon, apk-websites are not safe enough in my opinion.

I would be very happy about any ideas where to get it!

Best wishes

Goody

You want to have a look at the new updater app, but don’t want to upgrade? May I ask why? I don’t think the updater app has changed a lot the only difference is that it offers the upgrade to Android 6.
The fact that it’s not available for FP Open is intentional as directly upgrading to Android 6 (FP OS) form Android 5 (FP Open) is not possible.

If you really want to see the new updater app though you could try the yalp store.

2 Likes

Package signatures differ, so the new version cannot be installed on top of the Fairphone Updater included with FP Open

1 Like

Thanks for your replies!

To Paul: I want to install Android 6, not just the updater :slight_smile: But I just want to have a look at it, not using it with all the Google services, so I don’t want to sign in with a google account. Because of this I don’t have access to the Play Store.

To Roboe: Okay, thanks for that info. I want to upgrade first to Fairphone OS with Android 5.1, and then having an upgrade.

So, thanks again!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 182 days. New replies are no longer allowed.