Any advice? SD card failure

Hello, has anyone experienced issues with images following an Android 10 upgrade? Just before Christmas an upgrade left my handset unable to read a SIM in one of the SIM slots and seemed to break the link with the SD card. Both the cards are working, but I cannot take, store or download images (for example from WhatsApp).

Hi
Sorry the upgrade went fine for me without such problems. Have you thought of resetting the phone? ~ if you don’t have data you cannot retrieve ~ and do not want to loose.

You say one SIM slot which one, so either SIM card will work but in only slot one or two?

Does the camera work? Does it appear to work? Can you store images from the camera?

1 Like

Are you using the SD card as internal or portable storage? As internal storage is currently discouraged as it may cause similar problems.

3 Likes

Hi
In case you did, as @Volker said, use the SD card as internal storage you may like to read this, and if you didn’t it will probably put you off if you thought it may be a solution or an idea worth trying.

4 Likes

Hello, thanks for replying. Yes I’ve put the phone back to factory settings - no change. And the SIM works in other phones, and in SIM slot 2, but not slot 1.

And yes the camera appears to work, but the image it should be taking shows up blank. So my gallery shows blank squares, instead of images.

Thanks both. It’s currently internal storage, so I’ll try changing it to portable. Fingers crossed …

3 Likes

You’re both wonderful - it worked! Thank you so much, amazing to have my phone back!!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.