Android Updates for FP2 and FP3

Oh, true! Sorry, I read it quickly and I understand the Rae’s first post badly :sweat_smile:. Thank you very much for answering and clarify that! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

@formerFP.Com.Manager I have a gently big question for you: I hope that the same care reserved to the FP2 during these 7 years will be taken as well to the FP3. Personally I don’t care if we’re going to take A11 when Google released A12 in Sep 2021, but I wish I could enjoy A13/14 after 3/4 years like some FP2 could enjoy A10 after 7 years.

Hoping to be clear … Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Such great news ! It’s amazing than you guys managed to do that when so many big companies don’t bother to do so. I hope I’ll keep my FP2 for many more years :slight_smile:
btw : Screenshot-20211125103937-378x58

1 Like
For me it seems to work.

grafik

1 Like

Is the beta program accessible for FP3?

2 Likes

Not yet, but stay tuned :slight_smile:

8 Likes

As a fp2 and now fp3 user, I would happily test those betas :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You can already sign up for the FP2 beta if you want. Instructions here: Fairphone 2 beta program signup instructions

5 Likes

I love this company! I use my Fairphone 3 since launch and will not miss it. Also bought the new Wireless Ear Buds and must also say that it has a very good sound and works like a charm.

Love it!

6 Likes

Wow - can’t express how much I’m impressed by hearing about OS updates to my FP2 as it nears its 6 years mark! Thanks for the announcement, @formerFP.Com.Manager and the FP team.

11 Likes

Thank you for these milestones in the consumer electronics industry, :blue_heart:

I just bought a slim case to give my 2015 FP2 a well-deserved boost. It must be said that I’m quite pleased with the new carbon-neutral shipping method, it’s truly awesome it will be sent without urgency and I’ll pick it up at a lifelong local shop in my neighborhood, less than 500 m away.

Keep up the great work and continue to inspire others! :raised_hands:

7 Likes

Me too! Thanks for posting about the extension :smiley:

2 Likes

I just got the email about the updates in my inbox. It’s not possible to join for the Android 11 beta on FP3 or is it not yet available?

2 Likes

I think there’s nothing new (public) on this yet since @gabrieleb’s reply a couple of days ago.

1 Like

Not yet, sorry. We bumped into a small deployment-related issue with the first beta release, and I want that out of the way before opening up.

Thanks @urs_lesse for pinging me.

10 Likes

@babays @veeck @Niekess

4 Likes

That’s not the case anymore, is it? The discount code is invalid it tells me - and I wanted to wait with an order until I need something else, too.

And another surprise btw:

And in the next step of the checkout process I get those two options:

Although I fully agree that shipping should cost something it would be great to have a more realistic estimate in the first overview.

1 Like

Yes, that expired at the end of the year:

2 Likes

@Martin_Anderseck I think I have 2 used uncracked cases for the FP2. Turquoise and Indigo, of you want send me a PM and I will have look.

2 Likes

@formerFP.Com.Manager “But the good news doesn’t end there – for Fairphone 3 and 3+ users, today also marks a special day because beta testing for Android 11 starts this week with the aim to be publicly available in early 2022 too.”

• Is April 2022 still considered early 2022?
  • When can we expect Android 11 on FP3(+)?
  • Beta testing still ongoing?
4 Likes