Android 9 update has destroyed battery life - can't charge, phone useless - help?

A full reset hasn’t solved the problem. Still losing 15 - 30% battery life PER HOUR.

I’ve raised a ticket with support, but this is so frustrating. I need the phone for work and I may be forced to buy a new, non-fairphone replacement. Ugh.

1 Like

As you already did the factory reset you could consider to manually downgrade back to Android 7 and then try to upgrade to Android 9 again, probably before any apps are installed.

1 Like

Maybe it’s related to your sim card. Can you try to leave it out for one hour just to compare?

1 Like

Yes I’ve taken my sim card out (and my SD storage card). No dice.

I’m going to wait for support to get back to me before I waste my time trying anything else. I hope I can get a spare phone to use instead for next week :confused:

2 Likes

And I assume the drain happened before you installed anything from the backup, right?
You might also try to give support a call during the week in case your ticket might not get an answer fast enough, as it seems urgent.

1 Like

Hi Volker! I have a similar problem. The battery is empty after 5 minutes, I ordered a new battery - the battery is not the problem. When turning on the 0Part at the top center (HPS 16:16) becomes extremely hot and the battery is immediately empty.
I do not know what I can do, which spare part is it that gets hot?
Can you help me please???

Hello and welcome to the forum; even though it is not good news that brings you here.

I don’t really know, what you mean by

When turning on the 0Part at the top center (HPS 16:16)

Maybe you can locate the part on the pictures of the iFixIT teardown page for the FP2.
The SoC is located in the top in the middle of the phone (see the red frame in picture 13 of the teardown).

I would have guessed some app wreaking havoc by running wild (like the synchronization of 14,000 images). But the factory reset should have ruled that out.
So, as the update seems to have worked for almost everyone else, the idea by @yvmuell to downdgrade and install Android 9 again seems a good idea to me.

Did you do anything besides updating Android?

2 Likes

Hi Bert! Its exactly the Part in Picture 12 image where is written YOURS TO OPEN YOURS TO KEEP on the iFixIT I cant locate it.
I didn’t do the factory reset already.

1 Like

Thank you for get in touch with me… sorry! I forgot this important sentence.

Thank you Bert!
I will do the factory reset.
Hopeful greetings, Moni

2 Likes

Yes, that’s where the SoC is located.
If I got it right, the OP @VanessaH did a factory reset. I had that in mind, to be honest.
And that kind of rules out some random/special app.

Edit: Never mind, but thanks for being so considerate.

4 Likes

As @BertG has already mentioned it’s the SoC getting hot. And there, im very sure, it’s the processor getting that hot. In case you’d check the CPU load you’d probably see very high load here…

3 Likes

Hello Volker,
thank you for your answer!
It’s really hard work for my phone to do the factory reset (charching is necessary, until now i hope it can finish with the rest of 20 % power)
I’m a simple unknown user, sorry… Can I change the SoC (whatever it is) and how is it called in the fairphone-shop? Is it the "Top Modul 2MP?
Best regards, Moni

The “SoC” is the central part (where e.g. computing is done) of the phone and integrated into the core module. This module can unfortunately not be bought as module. But I still hope that in your case and exchange will not be necessary…
If charging is a problem (because when the phone is too hot the charging process is even stopped) then you might consider to shut down the phone and charge it while it’s being turned off.

6 Likes

Update: Customer Services finally got back to me and all they’ve been able to advise is that I log this battery issue on the public issue tracker :frowning: No further fixes it seems.

Hi,

have a look here. Perhaps my experience can help you.

2 Likes

@Volker @BertG Thanks for your ideas!!
So far all without success. Now I try to drain the battery as described by KleinerAdmin … If that also does not help? I don`t know…

1 Like

Realise I never updated here: the public issue tracker and customer services got me nowhere. Eventually I found out that if I turned off Google synch, the battery life got better; after a couple of weeks it seemed to have stabilised, and was functioning well…

…until the last week or so where it has started doing exactly the same thing. Just had a catastrophic fall from 47% to 10% in under 3 minutes, when the phone was on, but I wasn’t even using it, and no apps were on.

I am exhausted at the thought of having to go through all the same old same old trouble shooting like last time, I just don’t have days and days of spare time to fiddle around with a phone, only to find that no one knows what is wrong with it. I really want to like and promote my fairphone but I am so frustrated with the fact that it just. doesn’t. work.

Perhaps a kickstart can help you to reset the software of the battery.

I have exactly the same problem!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.