Android 7 Nougat / 8 Oreo / 9 Pie: Home screens / Launchers

2 Likes

This looks beautiful :slight_smile: FIRE!!

Since Android 4(?) i fell in love with the Smart-Launcher. Even paid for the pro-version.

Best thing: Simple. One drawer with categories (where apps get sorted automatically based on their tags; manual movement is easily possible) for all apps, Unified search (apps, contact, messages, web, …), some “widget-only”-pages.

Drawer (swipe left):

Home:

Widgets (swipe right):

(the reddish ones are due to Red Moon being active)

Widgets are pretty minimal (Öffi for public transport, Authy for 2-factor-auth, WarnWetter for Weather - things you need occasionally but don’t want to search for for ages :wink: )

1 Like

Note that this is done in a remote server. The launcher gets your list of apps and then it sends it to a computer you don’t necessarily trust. I won’t recommend it for privacy concerns (it can’t be disabled, unless you take out the internet permission from the launcher… which is a good practice, anyway).

At least that was how it worked while I used it years ago for a long time. I don’t think anything has changed.

1.4 Each time you attempt to interact with Smart Launcher, such as when you request automatic sorting for an app or the list of available themes, you will send and receive data for which your Network will charge at your usual data rates.

You are indeed correct… :frowning:

1 Like

My lockscreen and homescreen:

• lineage OS with standard trebuchet launcher
  • “If you can’t open it, you don’t own it.” lockscreen message
  • battery live background “image” indicating the battery level in fairphone blue
  • simple notes widget for quick note taking directly on the homescreen with example shopping list
  • f-droid icon provided by frost
  • most icons in the statusbar hidden via lineage OS settings. what you can see is: battery charge limit, clock, root, vpn (orbot) & battery level.
  • long press on the home button takes me to the kiss launcher to quickly search for contacts, apps, websites, fairphone forum topics & tags
  • only bonafide FLOSS apps from F-Droid with Guardian Project repo enabled (only 3 of which have anti-features) + 2 apps directly from their projects’ websites: BOINC, MusicBrainz
4 Likes

I’m copying this right now, what a wonderful idea!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I’ll reopen this topic because LineageOS on the Fairphone 2 is based on Android 9 Pie now, and there’s always room for more launcher recommendations :slight_smile:

• LineageOS 16.0 for microG
  • Settings - System - Status bar - Battery status style - Icon portrait
  • Settings - System - Status bar - Battery percentage - Next to the icon
  • Settings - System - Status bar - Network traffic monitor
  • stock clock Widget
  • Yorecast weather Widget (I scrambled the location, it’s not a feature of the Widget)
  • Launcher: Trebuchet (stock launcher of LineageOS, I finally made my peace with it to further simplify my installation, here’s a port for any device with Android >= 5)
1 Like

Home page

2nd Page

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Lineage OS 16.0 issues and questions

FP2, FPOpen 19.11.2. Lightning Launcher with KWGT widgets.

1 Like

I moved your post here to shamelessly add to the popularity of an existing one :wink: .

For more please have a look at the topics for older OS versions linked to in the first post.

2 Likes

A bit mysterious how I didn’t find this thread when searching for ‘home screen’ and ‘launcher’ but here we are!

1 Like

@robbert.f that’s because we aren’t as SEO’d as your clickbait-friends at XDA :wink:

I’m using the old Android 5 FP2 Launcher, simply because it allows to have the homepage centered. Newer launchers always go to the leftest page when one presses home and I hate it, it just doubles the amount of swipes needed to get to a page and doesn’t have any advantages over a centered layout.
However, I’m not a fan of edge swipe and the launcher lacks some other features I’d like to have (such as removing apps from the app list), so I’ve been waiting since May for the next update of Zim Launcher which is going to add the centered layout, but I’m afraid it’ll never come :frowning:

1 Like

• Lineage OS for microG 15.1. I know, I know, I should update.
    • #los:settings → System → Status bar → Clock position: Centre
    • #los:settings → System → Status bar → System icons → Battery: Always show percentage
    • #los:settings → System → Buttons → Buttons and layout → Layout: Compact
  • KISS launcher
    • KISS filosophy
    • KISS Settings → User experience → Minimalistic UI: on
    • KISS Settings → User interface → Theme interface: Dark semi-transparent theme
    • KISS Settings → User interface → Rounded list corners: on
    • KISS Settings → User interface → Rounded bar corners: on
  • Widget: Fairphone Clock Widget, resurrected by the #wearefairphone community
  • Wallpaper: a photo of a street painting I took back in 2016. It was located in a centric place of Madrid and, unfortunately, it’s history now. This is my personal tribute. It says (in Spanish):
    • “Poem of the polluted city: I shot an arrow into the air and it stuck”.
5 Likes

Here is mine.

Screenshot_20200704-224129

I can’t wait to see yours.

I moved your post here, so you don’t have to wait so long, there are already some screens here :wink: .

Oh, and …

Fairphone 2 and Fairphone 3 with /e/ (Android 9 Pie currently) and Lawnchair 1.2.1.2001.

1 Like

Screenshot_20200705-231534 Screenshot_20200705-231546

My 2 home screens (FP3 with default OS and Lawnchair) :slight_smile: