Android 6.0 is now available (Fairphone OS 17.04.8)

What does the error message say?

See here.

Did you do any modifications to the system before upgrading?

You can’t do this upgrade with a rooted phone.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Is it possible to upgrade a rooted phone without unrooting?

The updater crashed without any explanations several times, but i found that the problem was that i did not have enough space. After removing some files it works.

2 Likes

Thanks Paul, yes, I rooted the phone a couple of moths ago but then (in theory) unrooted it. It seems that I did not do it correctly, if anyone has a hint to do it right please share. Thanks!

hi, new FP2 arrived today but no android 6 update visible in updater app yet - OS 1.13.0 given as up to date. WiFi connection all good.

The easiest way is probably to reinstall your current OS before upgrading. Go to the advanced mode in the Updater App, there you’ll find that option.

You’ll have to update the updater app through the play store.

1 Like

ah, got it. thought I had already got all my apps up to date. Obviously not, cheers!

1 Like

I had the same experience, just be patient. I was going to post about it here as well but as I was writing it suddenly the update appeared on my FP :wink:

3 Likes

“Error in the Heading section” or something like that?
Shell I try again?

Thanks a lot for your kind help Paul. What I did to unroot was precisely that, however I’m willing to try it again but in the Updater’s Advanced Mode I just see one entry for 17.04.8, and nothing for 1.13.0

One question, if I follow the full update procedure whenever the binary file is available, I will lose my user data, or it is safe on this regard?

Full update and binary are two different things.
With the full update, I’ve done all the updates over the last past months and never lost anything.

That’s what I’d do. Was it maybe “footer is wrong”? That sometimes happens if something went wrong during the download of the file.

Oh sorry. You could try a manual "up"date, but I can’t find the page with the files on the support pages atm, they seem to get revamped right now.

I don’t know what yo mean by that exactly, but usually updating doesn’t erase any data unless you switch between FP OS and Open OS.

Loving the new startup animation and “Change is in your hands”!! :smiley:

6 Likes

Yay, no more “peace of mind”. Apparently I suck at being peaceful, but that widget really got on my nerves. The lock screen with the plain old clock is excellent for me.

9 Likes

Did the update just now. Except draining the battery down to 0% it worked as smooth as can be. All apps I have tried so far are functioning, the home-screen has been migrated nicely, and all accounts I have tried still connect perfectly. Good job!

The only serious problem I have is that the proximity sensor issue is back!

4 Likes

Happy to hear the update went well! About your Proximity Sensor issue; have you tried recalibrating it again? (System Settings -> Maintenance)

A post was split to a new topic: Android 6 Upgrade bleibt stecken “Ausschalten, wird heruntergefahren”

Failure again :frowning:
After “verifying update package…” :
E: footer is wrong
E: signature verification failed
installation aborted

I will try again at home, with better internet connection (low wi-fi here)

Another happy user here! Upgrade went flawless this morning, and I’m very pleased with the per-app permission settings added in Android 6.

4 Likes

Hey Rick

Will/can you make a bug thread for the new update/6.0?
Or would you guys perfer if just post in https://forum.fairphone.com/c/19-fairphone2help?