Android 13 on the Fairphone 3(+)

Thank you. I just applied.

2 Likes

FYI, the registration for the beta program is now closed. Thanks to everyone who has applied!

7 Likes

Hello,
Will we be notified when the upgrade to Android 13 will be available ? Currently, I receive the notifications for Android 11 but the version 13 is not ready, I presume. What will occur in the future ? Will we have the choice to keep Android 11 or to skip to Android 13 ? Or will it be a voluntary action to obtain Android 13 ?
Thanks.

When its available it will be officially rolled out and you will get in over the update app on your phone. Android 11 will then no longer be maintained so keeping it might be no good idea on the long run

5 Likes

Beta version roll-out has started today, with all users
receiving the update by the end of June.

Itā€™s 4 hours into July where Iā€™m sitting, and Iā€™m writing this on a FP3 with Android 11 with no available updates.

What gives? :wink:

They didnā€™t say June 2023.

3 Likes

You took my sass and ran with it and I applaud you

1 Like

have a little flexibility, it was an intention not a promise. maybe the first one will get the update over the week. to be 3-4 days late is not a lot in the grand scheme of things.
and as a said, better be late with a better product than on deadline with a buggy one

1 Like

If you were so much in the hurry to get Android 13 on your FP3, you should have applied to be a beta tester.

If I look at what happened when Fairphone released a new Android version to the FP4, I prefer they delay a bit Android 13 for FP3 than to get something with some nasty bugs.

3 Likes

have a little flexibility

@koumilak - donā€™t worry, I totally do, Iā€™m just curious and excited! :sweat_smile:

If you were so much in the hurry to get Android 13 on your FP3, you should have applied to be a beta tester.

@Alain_Guillet - I got my FP3 yesterday, and found out about the Android 13 update today (and still tried to apply to be a beta tester, even though sign up is closed :sweat_smile:)

Thanks for sharing that link @yvmuell!

I worry that the tone isnā€™t coming across as I intended in my original message - to be clear: I LOVE that this is happening, and I am super grateful that it is, and donā€™t take it for granted at all, and Iā€™m happy to wait as long as it takes :raised_hands:

4 Likes

itā€™s all right, I had my doubts about the tone of the message but then decided to answer ā€™seriouslyā€™. Glad you are as stoked as we are

2 Likes

Fairphone has announced today that this upgrade is starting to rollout today. Some will get it instantly, some a littler later. On the FP3 running Fairphone OS I have here, itā€™s not available yet.
I guess weā€™ll get an official post here as well.

12 Likes

Support people, brace yourself for impact :laughing:

10 Likes

If itā€™s anything like my Beta Iā€™ll be happy
:clap:

Now available in UK on EE yet > 17:56pm

I checked if I had a an update andā€¦

itā€™s here!
see you on the other side :wink:

No release notes yet tho

4 Likes

Update worked just fine.

3 Likes

@gabrieleb

Hi just a note to say the full Release 6.A.018.0 dosenā€™t have the issue of the Wi-Fi calling text not showing on the home screen.

1 Like

Did the upgrade (France, MNVO SIM)
Everything went smoothly, so far so good.
Very happy. :blush:

2 Likes

Is there an option to move to the Google widget to the bottom of the home screen?
Otherwise the update was successful.

3 Likes